1. DescriptionZombie Fortress Curebase (zf_curebase_a2) is a collaboration between Jack5 and My Name Is "Safety" which converts Moran24's Underbase into an linear, objective-based map. In Curebase, survivors are tasked with finding the cure for the BLU flu outbreak and returning it to their base, using the console there to upload it for the rest of the world to see. The original map has been changed greatly to fit this new purpose, including an entire room becoming flooded with hazardous liquid. Because of the gamemode (borrowed from DonutVikingChap's Infiltration), this map also supports RED bots, which will actively seek to capture the intelligence (but may act slightly strange since parts of the CTF logic are missing).
2. Play RequirementsThis map may be playtested on any server, but in order to function as intended, it must be run on a server with a Zombie Fortress gamemode plugin. I personally recommend Super Zombie Fortress, as it is the most stable out of all the freely available Zombie Fortress plugins.
3. Alpha 1 Update LogThis section of the submission documents the changes made in version a1 of Zombie Fortress Curebase. For future changes, please refer to the updates log of this submission.
- Entire map restructured into a linear forward path, with verticality de-emphasised.
- Major changes to all spawn areas.
- BLU players now teleport to one fixed location on the map, which changes as survivors progress.
- Added dynamic doors near RED spawn to indicate the correct path to follow.
- Added markers on the floor only visible to BLU players to show RED player direction.
- Added hazardous liquid and fragile balcony to shipping area.
- Adjusted positions of shipping containers and added smaller containers in shipping area.
- Garage roughly halved in size.
- Created new cart section to connect the two large wood rooms together, instead of the original long doorway.
- Added intelligence and control point logic from Infiltration.
4. Links and CreditsServers that run this map here
Map credits available in the submission sidebar.