1. DescriptionSteel has for a long time been a favourite map of the Zombie Survival community at Rushy Servers, but now with the introduction of Zombie Survival Steel (filename zs_steel_final1), the map has been revamped beyond expectations with the perfect amalgamation of balance and new map mechanics. This Zombie Survival optimisation is the result of a collaboration between lrh3370 and myself. lrh3370 was responsible for version 1, and I for all other versions.
2. Version 1 and 2 Update LogThis section of the submission documents the changes made in version 1 and 2 of Zombie Survival Steel. For future changes, please refer to the updates log of this submission.
2.1. Version 2 (Creative Director: Jack5)
- Custom textures added, contained within map file.
- Unnecessary and Capture Point specific entities removed.
- Added system where Engineer and Medic spawn exits are randomised, both teams are alerted to the choices made by the map through overlays at their spawn.
- Added respawn room visualisers to support randomiser.
- Fixed several lighting issues.
- Fixed several collision issues.
- Removed debris at zone B control point.
- Cleaned up gun dealer area in zone B and fixed leaks.
- Added functioning Tiny Desk Dispenser (TM) to gun dealer.
- Polished several primitive structures.
- Certain quick passageways to zone E have been sealed off to prevent engineers neglecting the randomiser.
- High spot at E nerfed with extra entrance.
- A passageway between zone E and D has been sealed off to highlight a more defensible area.
- Balcony close to the death pit removed.
- Zone C/D/E spawn room cleaned up and nerfed.
2.2. Version 1 (Creative Director: lrh3370)
- All bridges at zone E are permanently open.
- Nighttime skybox added.
- Spot at zone E is now double the width.
- Truck at zone B is now crashed allowing a new area to be accessed.
- Gun dealer and Tiny Desk Engineer (TM) in new area outside.
- Spot at zone B now is accessible from two sides.
- Spot at zone A is now double the width.
- Balcony close to the death pit is now more defensible.
3. Links and CreditsServers that run this map here
Steam workshop upload here (less up-to-date)
Initial map design, textures and models belong to Valve Corporation. Modifications and extra textures made to suit Zombie Survival by Jack (Jack5) Stringer and lrh3370. Music in-map is 'Dire Dire Docks' from Super Mario 64.