Surf galaxy tried to lend a few elements from maps like surf_greatriver and other combat surf maps, while introducing certain new features such as dynamic elements which is almost never seen in other maps, and giving it some thematic material that could fit in the surf world.
There is anti-fall damage built in the map, a radar, jail teleports (with an effect to showcase), dual sideplatforms with boosters, improved booster speed (lowered on main ramps, increased on centrifuge ramp) and improved bottom teleports visibility. In addition, a few quircky ramps have now also been fixed after personal feedback. All the ramps should now be smooth, with no sudden hickups. This issue, previously also found on surf_greatriver_2015, is also fixed there as of 09/07/2017.
Using non-traditional level design methods for combat, I've been made aware that the gameplay on this map is hard, and difficult to enjoy. Unfortunatly, I have personally made the decision to halt development on this map, no further additions will be made. I might consider picking up development a (year or longer) later down the road, which means you have plenty of time to give feedback that will most likely be incorporated in the map.
- Custom models, textures and sounds.
- Custom playermodels and arms.
- Top, Spawn and Bottom layers with teleports at the bottom.
- Jail under top, with methods to open doors from inside and outside.
- Weapon pickups with an effect under them to improve their visibility.
- 64 player spawns.
- Boosts to improve surf flow.
- Built-in fall damage.
- Resources such as radar, description, navigation mesh, loading screen and more.
The following commands are already in use by the map, and should not be meddled with:
- sv_accelerate 7
- sv_airaccelerate 3000
- mp_solid_teammates 0
- sv_clamp_unsafe_velocities 0
These commands MUST be enabled by the servers for optimal gameplay:
- sv_enablebunnyhopping 1
- sv_autobunnyhopping 1
- sv_timebetweenducks 0
- sv_staminajumpcost 0
- sv_staminalandcost 0
- sv_accelerate_use_weapon_speed 7