I may have plans in store for this map soon. I'm not sure yet but I'm feeling like doing a remake but actually giving the map a theme. I may end up turning this into a proper map at some point. And may do different versions. Just maybe.
I'm not sure if this will be the final release of the map or not. I figured it was just far too plain for people to really enjoy playing on it. I would really like to have some feedback from this update! If you try out the map please let me know what you thought.
Posted by 7ktam_2ramps_style < I have finally added that theme to the map. It is no longer a dev textured map. This map is finally complete. Critique is welcome.
How many arenas?
Posted by 7kt
How many arenas?
Posted by Much DogeI have went ahead and added that small platform you had mentioned. I was intending to make the windows a bit different in the first version and continued with that idea in this version. Except I tweaked them and made them both enterable. One is just bigger so you can get out faster and the other is smaller so you have to crouch. Hopefully the decal is working now. I also went ahead and added a soundscape to the map to give it some ambience. Trying the map without sound seems so dull so hopefully that improves the experience a little. Thanks for reviewing and giving your advice! It's much appreciated.
So first the Pros:
So now to some ideas and maybe fixes:
- Awesome Thumbnail (Its a serious eyecatcher)
- The Map is well lit (not too bright and not too dark)
- Solid layout
- good amount of hiding and sniping spots
1. For the ladders i would extend the floor a little bit so you dont immediately fall off as soon as you go too far left when you aim through the windows.
2. On the Pic. the left window is smaller then the right one. I dont know if it is intended or not but i think putting them on the same height would make it look a bit more tidy. Also notice the black box in the middle. That could be because you didnt include the overlay/decal in your .bsp file. you might would have fixed it but thought i might still tell you about it. If you dont know how to pack this stuff into your map you can look at this tool (Pakrat).
3. Also i think it wont hurt if make the windows a bit higher so you can easily jump strafe through them.
4. I dont know if you plan on finishing this first before making it in a multi arena map (am) or not but for multi arena maps you need multiple copies of the map in one .bsp.
You can reed splewis guide for Maps on his Github page for the am-1v1 plugin.
I think you did some really great work on this one. Looking forward to updates on this and i wish you good luck and much success with the work on this ;3