Runaway Trains Map for "Counterstrike: Condition Zero (Deleted Scenes)"
Thearrel "Kiltron" McKinney
Friday, July 30, 2004
I'm releasing this for testing purposes only as I still need to put the final polish on it.
STEAM INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Extract all the files into your Steam Conditon Zero Deleted Scenes install
path. (Example: C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/
2) Run Condition Zero Deleted Scenes
3) Press the ~ (tilde) key to bring down the console.
4) Type "map cz_trainrun" (without the quotations)
5) czero_english.txt and materials.txt will be overwritten. This is ok, and is necessary for the mission objectives, and new texture sounds. (Note: If you are editing maps, please make a backup of your czero_english.txt and materials.txt)
There are a couple of issues I'm pointing out right at the start that I'm aware of, and these will be addressed and fixed in the final.
1) The framerate is a bit high on lower end machines in some areas.
2) There is some wierd glitch where there is slight skipping when the maps first load. This doesn't occur everytime, but during testing throughout it's development, it would happen. Since it doesn't occur everytime, I won't say it's the map, but possibly some memory or hardware issue. If this does occur on your machine, please email me your machine specs so I could tackle what makes this happen.
3) There is an area where you see a barrel with fire. If you walk up close to the barrel the sprite moves around according to the direction the player is looking.
4) You can see a bit of the edge of the world grid on each end of the map.
The custom music found in this mission is used with persmission from the following individuals.
If you've got the machine, I suggest cranking up all your settings. This map, uses detail passes on just about every surface. Looks much better this way.
Feel free to pass this file around the net, as long as you don't alter the files whatsoever, or provide services for this file and the files contained within in exchange for any type of funds american nor foreign. That is all.
All the people out there in the community that downloaded and played Swamp and Terrorist Retaliation. Your feedback and support is very much appreciated. :)
Thanks to the news guys for posting news about my work. If it wasn't for some of these guys, a lot of people wouldn't know about my stuff.
Please play through this level and provide me with some feedback on what can be done for improvements, or just any cool ideas you'd like to tell me about.
Post all your feedback and bug findings on the Steampowered.com Condition Zero forums. Thanks.