Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
A private server remake of achievement_idle_thr_v2fix
After spending roughly 200 hours playing an idle map, I got a little irritated with the bad texturing and easily-exploited map features.
So after a couple of weeks messing around in hammer, I remade that map..
- Added Karts Arena, with controls and lobby
- Added Market Gardening room--No fall damage
- Added More bot controls in admin control room
- Added New entrance into admin control room (requires 0.19 size or smaller)
- Added Admin teleport room in meeting room
- Added Monoculus, including loot room with achievements and a 'purgatory'
- Added Spooky Scary Skeletons, with the song
- Nerfed Mini-mode: Players are now marked for death upon gaining it.
- Added Pyro Tennis Room--Just a free room to use for it.
- Narrowed doorways to mid, fixing line of sight exploit
- Added soundscape[s]
- HEAVILY optimised collision data, to lower file size.
- Lights in mid are no longer collidable, for easier market gardening
- Moved ? teleport to idle, as a secret.
- Updated secret ledge in idles
- Added return to spawn portal on roof
- Added signs to explain the door controls in boxing, the control panel in admin, and the control panel in karts admin
- Added diving towers to pool
- Fixed brightness of lights in dark boxing
- Fixed skins of inactive lights in dark boxing
- Partially fixed mini-mode scouts getting stuck in admin pool (crouch and spam jump to get out)
- Increased control point capture time
- Added ledge on roof to make telejumping possible (I think)
- Optimised some lightmaps and textures
There is probably more, but too subtle to mention.
- Added Pool, which enforces friendly only
- Added Lighting
- Added areaportals, hint brushes and occluders for optimisation
- Sealed all major rooms to optimise even further
- Added Spawn doors
- Removed Barrel room
- Greatly Improved teleport system to avoid getting players stuck as much as possible
- Increased doorway and hallway sizes
- Made the Mid control point capable, displays a message.
- Added proper, noclip-only admin room with controls for:
- Adding and removing tf_bots (ones that go for objectives)
- Spawning and Despawning HHH
- Coating all players in jarate
- Giving all players a bomb head for 60s
- Improved Secret Boxing and Secret Sniper
- Added new walkway to idle room that passes over enemy spawn
- Removed Lobby-only access to Admin Room
- Added 3* team-based entrances to admin
- Added slope to sniper room to prevent immediate death on entry
- Added 4 lockable sub-rooms to boxing for private, uninterrupted fights
- Added correct teams to idle supply cabinets, making it harder to camp
- Removed enemy supply cabinet from blu boxing
- Added func_nogrenades to idle pit to allow willful engies to build in more peace.
- Added meeting room near each team's supply--Serves no function, just decoration
- Added balcony above each spawn's pool
- Guillotine proofed all vertical windows--EXCEPT the spawn room, as only idles should stay in there long enough
- Enabled halloween mode, but not spells.
- Added direct portal to the outside of buildings, instead of having to pass through admin.
- Changed water texture to something better.
- Extended above skybox and removed the top trigger_hurt
- Cleaned up the outside of the map.
Probably more, but this is everything noteworthy
-Karts arena **_MUST_** stay closed if not in major use, as a glitch can occur which allows players to somehow kill a random player in the map, both with a spell and by crashing into them.
-Map performance is occasionally unstable, getting laggier than acceptable when the server is full.
-Guillotines can be thrown through the karts lobbies' windows. They cant get very far, but it may impact gameplay.
-Pyro Tennis should have more ammo packs and no health packs.
-HHH is still broken--I advise against spawning him.
- Performance can drop a LOT if the entire server is fighting in mid, as there is no way to optimise the giant windows in each spawn.
- HHH occasionally teleports to the outside floor or to other rooms.
(This MIGHT be fixed as of v2, not sure)
- HHH might stay 'alive' if deleted using the second admin button, even though he is not in the game (Spawning and killing him again MIGHT fix this)
- Hint brushes are, for the most part, poorly placed, which reduces their effectiveness.
- Light leaks through the back of the spawn balconies, this is a problem with func_detail
- Mini-mode scout has trouble getting out of the admin pool. (This can be resolved by crouching and spamming space, as of v2)
- Mini-mode will lock you into third person, but by using the firstperson button/command, mini-mode will lock you _out_ of thirdperson(this means no third person during taunts, either)
- The map's entdata is 105% full (740 edcits), which may be a problem if run on servers, or may not. Honestly, I have no idea.
**Please let me know of any bugs you find.
Thank you for downloading/reading.**
i loved the first map and only one server was running THR, but suddenly the server stop getting updates and now is at like the version before thought break, or gun mettle i really miss that map and when i saw the spawnroom of this one i loved it :O sadly tho, no other server runs it its bad that no server runs this either know that this is a great map, but no one plays it because every f2p likes achievement_awesomebox_version91385901309514367
> **Posted by Mr. Struts**
> During my testing of this map, I've noticed that players can very easily get to the other team's spawn via the admin room teleport. Is there a button to shut off that teleport? I'll keep looking for it in the meantime, but if you could point it out that would be great, as I've suggested this map for inclusion in a server I regularly play on.
> Also, I've noticed that in the admin room, there is a secret room that has 8 buttons. Been shooting them, been using +use on them but nothing really seemed to happen. Could you explain what these do?
> Please respond soon, thanks.
Players are MEANT to be able to access the enemy's spawn. This map was made for a semi-friendly clan server, so ease of access to the other half of the main area doesn't really affect anything. This was a feature in the old map too, though slightly harder to access due to camps.
The old map had the issue of having an easily accessed spawn too, which is why I've made it easier to defend your spawn from attackers (but not prevent them, as it would disturb game flow).
The admin lobby is a decoration room (mainly--there's a secret in there). It's a legacy addition meant as a joke to everyone that played the old map and had to deal with the horrible camping in that room. Only the 8 button does something, and it's directly related to the secret in that room.
Thanks for taking interest in my map c:
During my testing of this map, I've noticed that players can very easily get to the other team's spawn via the admin room teleport. Is there a button to shut off that teleport? I'll keep looking for it in the meantime, but if you could point it out that would be great, as I've suggested this map for inclusion in a server I regularly play on.
Also, I've noticed that in the admin room, there is a secret room that has 8 buttons. Been shooting them, been using +use on them but nothing really seemed to happen. Could you explain what these do?
Please respond soon, thanks.