Bridgecut was an experiment for me. How far can i push the source engine? How much details can I add? How much realtime reflectiones? how much physics? and and and...... At the end, I reached 3 limits that makes the map unplayable.
1. I reached the brush limit on this map, so the bsp can not created, yes on an aim_map^^ Over 100 brushes to much and the background was unfinished. That was really shit.
2. I have have testet hdr lighting and it was to much for the vrad, maybe makable without the light switches.
3. At the end i have to much entities in the map and i must reduce, or optimize things, it was crazy, if i placed a new entitie, i must delete 1 or 2 other to make room for it.
Thats why my project called overloaded
The map is really great, it looks awesome and things like the automats or the codelock make it more interaktive.
The problem is the performence, 70fps min are not really great for an i7.
I spent years of work on this map, with the intention to do things, that nobody do. Things that I cant do. My first textures are the textures in this map. It was so hard at the beginning. But now i can create everything what need. It's just learning by doing. Today i can do so much more things and i work faster and faster. So the work was not just for the map, it was for my comlete project, for ovl! Now i have over 220 self created textures in a nearly perfect quality. :)
The map makes on some servers problems. I dont know why, but I have a
door soundloop bug on my server. But just one door, the other doors are working. The soundloop are just not stopping, really frustrating and not playable!Offline, I hear no problems.