Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
A skill surf map consisting of 6 stages and 4 bonuses.
[nyro's SDK Steam Group](http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nyrosdk "nyro's SDK Steam Group")
SURF\_LT\_UNICORN - 02-02-15
- Map by: Nicholas P. Low, aka nyro
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Surf Timer Notes:
- If your servers plugin does not support filter entities for zone triggers, bonus 1 will most likely NOT work!
- Bonus 4 relies on a filtered zone trigger to accurately record completion times, as noted above it's important that your plugin supports filters. If not, the bonus will still function but completion times will be much faster than intended.
- Pre-speed prevention should be disabled on stages 2-6, and bonus 4. Otherwise stage linking will not work, and bonus 4 will not work.
- The rubiks cube at the end was tested with a noblock plugin which sets the player's collision to debris. There were never any issues even with several players standing on it. If the cube is breaking due to players blocking it during rotation, it may be due to the server's noblock plugin.
- **FIXED, SEE BELOW**: 100 tick servers will break the cube no matter what, I didn't know about this as I tested on my own PC at the default 66 tick rate.
Minor Update - 02-07-15:
- Fixed the rubiks cube for 100 tick servers with an ent update, the client's bsp will **NOT** differ. For any server admins that care about something silly and pointless, just re-download the map from here!
- If you wish to fix it yourself for whatever reason, just find the 3 momentary_rot_button entities, and change their speed value from 360 to 540. That's it, you're done! :)
- sv_enablebunnyhopping 1
- sv_airaccelerate 150
- mp_limitteams 0
- sv_maxvelocity 10000
- mp_freezetime 0
- mp_round_restart_delay 0
- 6 stages increasing in difficulty as you progress.
- 4 additional bonus stages.
- All surf ramps were made out of models.
- Designed for 66 tick.
- Support for HDR!
- cfoust - Author of Propper
- False Logic - Testing Server Provider
- Jen - Theme Idea
- hlstriker - Helped teach me particle systems
- Juxtapo - Feedback and Ideas
- qr - Feedback and Ideas
- Doink Face
- False Logic
- Mark C.
- Andrew Huang - Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing On Rainbows
- Kenta Nagata - Rainbow Road
- Jean-Jacques Perrey - Brazilian Flower
- Amiina - Ammaelis
- Autechre - Known(1)
- M83 - Moonchild
- Accompaniment for Portentous miRthkon Announcements
- Soundsnap.com - Various sound effects and spawn music
The models, the textures, the skybox, the colors. It all matches so well and creates a fantastic piece of artwork that on top of that seems to be a superb surf map.
You sure have a distinct style, and if you have created these textures and models yourself and perhaps even baked these yourself, I'm actually wondering what someone like you could do with a different mode like the classical DE or CS.
Regardless, I'm digging your style for some more creativity in these kinds of abstract map styles, it's very interesting and learnful.
One of the first people that put up a surf map and has a few description about getting stages to work with a timer. The TF2 community thanks you for this at least...which I will be porting to in a short while.
> **Posted by Exkiezie**
> Map is amazing donated 5$ to your PayPal address! 1/4 the way to H1Z1!! you deserve it. Thank you for continuing serving the community with your amazing surf maps!
Wow! Thanks buddy :)
> **Posted by thataussieguy**
> - I didnt find the map to be overly enjoyable so i voted it a 7/10 which you had removed, I dont see the need to remove votes to give your map a 10/10 rating
That's fair enough. And I only removed it because your account seemed trolly, being blank with every rating also being a 7. When someone doesn't like something I want to know why, without feedback I can't improve next time. Thank you for posting, I appreciate it!
EDIT: I can't figure out how to un-trash your rating. Are you able to re-rate?
- surf flows well from stage to stage
- I feel the textures were a little too much for me, everyone has their own opinion
- the loop bonus I didnt find enjoyable
- I didnt find the map to be overly enjoyable so i voted it a 7/10 which you had removed, I dont see the need to remove votes to give your map a 10/10 rating
> **Posted by Fragkiller**
> The map is realy amazing, but theres one thing which i criticize. Its the thing with the filtered surftimer zones. There are actually no other server except KSF which can add those trigger_multiples as a surftimer zone. It would be actually better for many servers, if there was a alternative to those filtered zones. But anyway, Thank you for giving us those incredible surf maps.
The timer we are using for our csgo server can use trigger_multiple(s) for zoning and I love when mappers add them.