This is skeleton survival map with 10 waves (the last wave is boss).
There are only:
- 3 trees you able to cut down and get wood from it
- 2 fires which you can ignite with wood
- 2 suitcases
I will add more in next updates ;) And also I'll add new gameplay stuff (let me invent it, lol)
How to play:
First you need to go into a house (this means you are ready to fight). You'll have 40 secs for preparation (you can build sentries or something). You will also have 40 secs between waves. Once all players die - game ends (you need atleast 1 player alive). Good luck !
- Fresh, unique gameplay style. The skeleton waves provide a different, fun challenge.
- The healing fireplace was a weird but fun idea.
- Collecting firewood was actually a fun, unique gameplay idea, mostly worked well.
- Slightly buggy. When this map has ended, and the server switches to a CTF map, the max flag count is automatically rasied from 3 to 999. (Odd, and frustrating. No known fix for this yet.)
- Crits picked up from chopped firewod go away too quickly to fight anything with.
- After awhile of surviving, gameplay starts to feel repetative. Needs something new added. (Ideas below!)
- SUGGESTION: Add an MVM-like wave tracker somehow, whether it be on-screen text in the corner of the screen, or an mvm-like wave meter.
- Increase the length of firewood-provided crits by maybe 1-2 seconds.
- Gameplay Suggestion: Add a hidden cellar room, with a boarded-up trapdoor on the floor of the house, that can be broken open. This will add a new, more defendable position to hide, and, if the trapdoor is hard to break open, requires team cooperation, as the rest of the team would need to buy some time. Once broken open, the player will see stairs leading down that can also be used to come right back up, also allows skeletons to invade cellar. Since this makes it more difficult for skeletons to win, the trapdoor should be in middle of house, away from healing fireplace, and should take a lot of damage before breaking.
Interesting map, but of course many improvements needed. If its possible, you should restrict zombies from spawning in the house, that makes staying inside pointless. After a few rounds, when you understand skeletons behaviour, its too easy just to run outside so nobody can hit you (outskirts of the map remind me a running track, maybe you should add some obstacles like fallen trees, pits, etc.) In addition, i think difficulty of last stage is not challenging enough, maybe its better to make a savepoint before it, and make round 120 seconds with increased amount of zombies.
Overall its a great map, but lack of challenge makes it boring after few hours. I have this map on my server, and if you want to make testing of new versions i can help, just contact me.
P.S: Adding some in-game tutorial would be nice too.
Fantastic change from the normal stuff in TF2, I loved trying and trying again. However, I played this with a friend and he noticed cloaking can cause the skeletons to just sit there. Is there something you can do to change the way skeletons handle spies?