Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
Official CS:GO Version
This is the official port of ze-space-station to CS:GO. Some earlier ports were done without permission of us original authors by some other people... well, this is the official. My friend Aurora developed the original version of this map years ago with her friend Archanor. They let me and my friend Zekeus modify it to become the one that was seen on CS:S Zombie Mod servers. Now I've dug it up from the grave and brought it to CS:GO.
- X-Wing secret has been fixed and handling for the X-Wing has been greatly improved. You can still fly it the old way if you press the top middle button so that it becomes red, but the new way is much easier.
- If you die when the station explodes, if you respawn on the station it will teleport you to a glass platform underneath the escape shuttles where they park. This keeps the game from having a mass of people back on the station. You also can't camp the ledge of the third shuttle anymore. I still recommend having no respawn until the round ends, but if you elect to have a respawn, there won't be horrible problems like people dying over and over again.
Minor New Stuff:
- Map doesn't crash anymore
- Minor cosmetic changes to the inside and outside of the station
- You can see the Sun now
- Station actually becomes damaged when it explodes in the end
You may need to type snd_updateaudiocache in your console if you can't hear any of the station sounds, such as the sirens and the warning that you need to evacuate.
Hi I've just been playing this on several servers.
This is one of my favourite maps by far and so I'd really like to give some suggestions on it.
The X-wing cockpit window should be made fully transparent to aid vision.
The level should be made wider and/or larger to fly the x wing around without banging the walls all the time.
The texture for the space and stars is too bright. I think it would look much better with a deep space like black.
The glass floor really spoils it and should be removed. Most of the GO servers I played on have no problem disabling respawn on other space station version maps... And then and even bigger problem arises with humans camping out on the ships with zombies below going on for 3..4.. minutes, then draw. It just seems a bit pointless and takes away from the map.
It was much cooler when there were just the ships continually going off into the distance, till the space station looked really small. How far could the ships theoretically go without causing any map performance issues. I don't know, I'm not a map maker but I'm really curious. It's just so cool and epic when you are fighting across the space ships. Random glass floor.. not so much.
Perhaps you would consider making the X-wing secret Zombie doable. In other words to jump to the teleport vent you have to shoot the black dot first. Could that be changed to something a zombie could do. Then there could be some epic zombie/human battles with a zombie attempting to swoop down in the x wing on to the ships and jump out and infect before the humans shoot it down. Regardless I'm going to make this happen in a game as with the right timing it can be done.
I hope if you consider updating/upgrading this great map, you'll know there are some people who will be very excited for it.
hello im report a map crash when I go to the secret of the ship, after entering the code 6532 to enter a box, in this just place my game :( crash always without giving any errors or anything, just close without giving an error message, as I can solve it? thanks sorry for my english
> **Posted by Prechan**
> Hi !
> XWing works well on our ZE Server !
> Just, in some cases, server crash during explosion of XWing !
> Glass below ships isn't a good idea in my opinion ! :)
Turn off respawn after death for the map then. Without that glass area, people would respawn on the station, which is no good.
Thanks for the reply, I take it you are testing on a local (listen) server by opening the map in CS:GO? There's vastly different physics settings in dedicated servers than there are in a listen server. For example if you run the map locally the X-wing just works, but if you open it in a dedicated server it doesn't.
> **Posted by NatalyaAF**
> 3. Okay it must be named lights. This map has a lot of them, namely the red lights for the sirens when they turn on. I didn't understand the weird shadow patterns either, but now that you mention that, it makes more sense. I'm not sure what to do about it. All the red siren lights do share the same name and values so they shouldn't be too crazy, but there are also named lights for the fires that start after the station blows up and for the fire that starts in the new vent by the reactor, which has its own name because it turns on separately from the others.
I have come across this a lot recently. CSGO seems to have issues generating many lightmaps on one brush face and errors out leaving that nasty lighting. I normally convert all named lights to point_spotlight. Doing this will fix the lighting issues but may cause unrealistic lighting as it doesn't generate any shadows on the surrounding brush faces.
Just some background. Each brush face has light maps generated based on the lights hitting them. Naming a light causes the engine to generate lightmaps for each combination of the named lights hitting the surface. If some brushes have a few named lights hitting them, the error occurs. You can try setting the distance of the lights and using light block to correctly get the lighting you want.
The X-Wing is a little picky to get into, but once you're in it works well. My physics settings were default. To get into the X-Wing, like when you get to the hangar it is in, jump on its nose and run up to the cockpit. Press E to open it, then press the bottom middle button to turn it on. Once on it will sort-of hover. Now it is safe to go to the control console and press E on it to raise the X-Wing up and open the hangar. Once the lift is all the way at the top and the X-Wing isn't really moving (it should be sort-of hovering) jump on the nose, run up, get inside and stab or shoot the big panel on the left. Give it a second and it should lock you into the X-Wing and close the cockpit window. Forward is Up, Backward is Down, Left and Right are Left and Right, Fire is Forward, Alternate Fire is Fire. (Lasers only, no torpedoes on this one, sorry.) You have to open the S-Foils to be able to shoot, do that by pressing the bottom left button. Bottom right button freezes the X-Wing in place. The top 3 buttons are for advanced flying, don't press those.
1. To my knowledge sv_turbophysics isn't a command available in CS:GO so I just kinda left it there. Doesn't it say CVAR not recognized in the server console or something?
2. I think this is related to number 3.
3. Okay it must be named lights. This map has a lot of them, namely the red lights for the sirens when they turn on. I didn't understand the weird shadow patterns either, but now that you mention that, it makes more sense. I'm not sure what to do about it. All the red siren lights do share the same name and values so they shouldn't be too crazy, but there are also named lights for the fires that start after the station blows up and for the fire that starts in the new vent by the reactor, which has its own name because it turns on separately from the others.