Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
This is almost like a typical trade plaza map that you see. Although instead of just editing one of them, I start completely from scratch on this map. It was originally designed for my communities trade server, but that went downhill so I extended the map with more custom features. It was also originally suppose to include a server room, where you literally walk into a hallway and get transferred to one of our servers. Obviously that's removed since this map is for everyone.
The main features of this map are:
- Typical plaza area to fight and fool around in
- Spy crab room ...the spies go into a box with their disguise kit out. From there the moderator (admin with noclip) locks the doors, and presses the start button. Once it starts the spies will be forced to taunt. If a player does the spy crab, the moderator activates the laser beam to kill that person. The last one alive is the winner.
- Sentry room game ...you fight in a small box against a sentry and try to last as long as you can.
- Boxing Room
- God mode room ...once you are in this room, you are invincible until you walk out of the room marked by hazard strips.
- Giant Maze
- Warehouse ...includes a control point that can be captured by both teams. This control point does not have a limit so the players can capture it over and over without worrying that the map will restart.
- Sentry/Dispenser Room ...designed for achievements mainly for the spy
- Pool w/ lasers
- Secret room ...includes a button to spawn the HHH every 9 minutes or so, along with an explosion button.
This map should hopefully give you enough to do if you don't feel like trading.
Also **I will do custom mapping for this map** to include a server room, or even more extras. If you have multiple servers, I should be able to link them to the server room, that way players can literally walk into a different server hosted by you. Just PM me if you are interested.
Ok, after a week of having this map on my server i think its time for a real review here.
The map is a very nice, fun map to trade/play on, its spacious and offers alot of things todo, even HHH, the spawns are nice and big and offer two ways to exit them, the included and fully operational spycrab room makes it easy to hold contests without the mess, theres only a few problems that I feel if fixed in the next version, would make this map a supreme choice.
1. The godmode rooms location allows for players within it to attack the players outside of it, making it almost impossible for anyone else to go in.
2. The little room where you can summon HHH can be easily camped and virtually impossible to get in there, also theres no way out of it either.
3. HHH should be summoned every 9 minutes automatically, maybe have a special admin room where one could switch it off.
4. the spawns are easily campable, the design of the spawns allow for projectiles and other things to be bounced off of the walls into the spawns, there are ways to prevent such attacks from entering/exiting the spawns beyond the do not cross limits, also the spawns lack an instant kill feature for the opposing team, most servers use rtd for example and people can noclip in and cause a little havoc, an instant kill feature, or spawn protection, would be nice to stop that.
5. The spycrab room suffers the same fate as the spawns, should people want to be rude kids, they are able to camp the entrances into the spycrab room and even bounce things off the walls into the opposite teams entry way.
6. This isen't really your fault as it is a little pev of mine, with the spawns being so big, maybe you would consider making half of it an idling kill floor with an option where if your idling for more then 10 mins anywhere withen the spawns, your teleported back onto the idling kill floor.
If some of these suggestions were to be addressed in the next version[PLEASE LET THERE BE A NEXT VERSION] I feel that this map would be a better place for all. but as it is now, the map is really great, and a must have on anyones server.
> **Posted by Cpt. Hopi**
> > **Posted by Kevinsk**
> > very nice but quick question
> > why doesn't this have some of the elements that my carnival map has?
> > i released the .vmf of my carnival map so most of it's elements can be used for trade maps...
> Because I originally planned this for my communities trade server so I did everything custom to fit our needs. Once the server was shut down, I just expanded on it with a few things. I like to do everything custom and I'm very OCD on how I line up everything perfectly on the grid.
> Maybe I might include some of your stuff in the future, but well have to seen on that.
thats fine, I made the carnival map as a way to standardize trade maps to be less boring, because most trade maps u can only fight or do very few things, so I created the carnival to expand more interactivity.
> **Posted by Kevinsk**
> very nice but quick question
> why doesn't this have some of the elements that my carnival map has?
> i released the .vmf of my carnival map so most of it's elements can be used for trade maps...
Because I originally planned this for my communities trade server so I did everything custom to fit our needs. Once the server was shut down, I just expanded on it with a few things. I like to do everything custom and I'm very OCD on how I line up everything perfectly on the grid.
Maybe I might include some of your stuff in the future, but well have to seen on that.
> **Posted by AbleDelta**
> - Lot's to do
> - Good for having trade event
> - No underwater heavy boxing
> - Spawn rooms are dull and can be complicated, most things should be going via the main room if not it should be more distinct what you are going to in spawn.
> - Better spawns
> - Underwater heavy boxing
> - Allow players to host events (spycrab)
Its a trade map though, most trade servers don't allow players to host spycrab contests especially since majority of the time its for something big like buds or unusual, the spawns imo are fine but I think an idle floor would make the server more.. populated. ;p
- Lot's to do
- Good for having trade event
- No underwater heavy boxing
- Spawn rooms are dull and can be complicated, most things should be going via the main room if not it should be more distinct what you are going to in spawn.
- Better spawns
- Underwater heavy boxing
- Allow players to host events (spycrab)
Ok before i test this map on my servers.... theres no um... naughty secret pics in this map right?? xD "trade shoppe haunts all of our memories"
regardless of whether it does or doesn't, i did some private testing, and i gotta say I love the map, theres so much to do you'll never be bored.
Its funny, this map turned out to be a trade map but it does double as a full on achievement map, so it would do well on an achievement server.