It looks great in the screenshots and has the potential to be a great map, I feel that terrorist side needs brightening up a bit and the map's size shortened. You spend a lot of time running only to meet the enemy at the same few points each time. I understand that pretty much sums up CSGO but there were some paths that seemed unnecessary and others that were far too useful. And yes, some areas were cramped as well.
All in all though nice effort, great that you can release a map with so much time to spare! It's a rare gift.
*Overall my group enjoyed playing this map but would like to see some game play improvements.
Several of the doorways are too narrow. Railing outside of T Spawn house should be removed. Need to smooth out several areas as players and bots get hung up which takes away from good play.
Regarding bots - They barely make it out of the T spawn house due to stairs, doors, and railing. (All items should be corrected)
- Very Pretty
- Map size
- Too many pathways for competition
- Paths are narrow
- Telling your team "they're in apartments" has 5 different meanings
- Reduce the amount of apartment paths
- Move bombsites closer to the middle of each area
- For the love of god get rid of some of the scaffolding
- In all honesty man, I don't think this has what it takes to make it into competitive play. There is no defined "middle" or much structure to the entrances to each site. It's a great looking map. But I don't think it's made with competition in mind.
This is probably one of the best maps we've seen in the contest so far.
In terms of visuals this map is pretty much spot on. It's beautiful :) And the custom content is astounding.
I did want to mention something about how I felt that some areas of the map were too cramped, however after playing a few rounds it seems like the narrow pathways actually add to the experience and provide gameplay that is individual enough to make this map stand out from all the other competitive maps.
Now I don’t know whether you know this or not but the kv file is not working. I can assume that you have packed it into the BSP. KV files don’t work when packed into the BSP, so I’d suggest that for the GB release at least that you keep the KV file separate.
FPS isn’t terrible, but there is definitely a need for a little more optimisation.
It would be nice to see the nav mesh named for that extra level of professionalism.
PS: are you planning of making a non “se” version? If not the suffix seems kinda redundant (no offense.)
One of the best maps i've seen for csgo, period.
Detail in this map is unparalleled most csgo maps. I would love to see a night version of this map too it would be sooo pretty! The only thing i'm partially cut by, is all the pretty areas that are inaccessible =P
- Extraordinary and original mapping.
- Lighting beautiful and varied for every space of the map.
- immersion is never lost through out the map. (like watching a movie!)
- Astonishing level of consistent detail. (you almost never see this in maps)
- Interesting, original layout.
- fun gameplay!
- Great performance considering the extreme amount of detail
Room For Improvement
- fps lags me a little, but i run csgo on a 6-year-old laptop, so i'm sure it's fine on all modern rigs
- a few smoothing errors on some archways, no biggie
- some coridoors, doorways, and railing areas feel a bit tight, but no biggie
- layout is a little confusing at first, but great overall!
I think my mapper's block is cured by playing this map.. truly inspiring and so much different/better than 99% of maps out there.. astonishing!
Extremely well done, good luck in the contest! =)