Although I would have prefered to release the map 3 days before (I had been rushing it for 5-6 days, working over what Eddie and I had done one year ago in a similar attempt), I couldn't. The map is a simple ZE without levels, two alternating paths at spawn, six human weapons and four zombie weapons. I tried to make it as seasonal as possible, although I have the feeling that some parts might look out of place.
The map takes place in the North Pole, at Santa's factory. The design is simple and I believe it's not hard to follow the paths, however, I added a radar for an easier navigation.
### Version 2_3
- Two new zombie weapons, trampoline and whirlpool generator
- Zombie-HP configs
- Vents at bridge-reactor path
- Particle changes
- Small particles indicating where presents are
- On MEDIUM (second level) the core of the boat must be found and carried back to the back of the boat. If you are not fast enough, you die (the nuke goes off).
- On TOUGH, at the ending, it is a good idea to hold the rocks before the 'balloon station' at the end of the path. Zombies will jump in easily otherwise.
- On APOCALYPSE you have to press the control panel to open the doors before the cave/waterfalls area. Holding both hallways while one player presses the buttons is a good idea.
- Eddie: Airboat, 'basic' factory entrance, candy canes
- Tony Montana: Industrial areas (from his scrapped project)
- Kaem: Candy canes fix
- Syoudous: Brainstorming and testing
### Features (As a list)
- 64 spawns
- 6 human weapons
- 4 zombie weapons
- Randomized weapon spawn system
- Random paths at the beginning
### Bug reports
Because of the map being done so fast, I would like to get as much feedback as possible, in order to produce a bugfree version and move on to other projects.
About the fps, yes, I already added a few areaportals at the doors that are 'breaking down' the map into different areas. In GFL it gets worse because of their flashbang light plugin (that, by the way, has the default settings still which are more suitable for ZM). There's little I can do about that, since dynamic lighting + displacement is something that will always go 'wrong' in my experience, even more when you have that many lights.
The next version will contain levels, so most of those hard holds will be left for the hardest levels (3rd and 4th). The first ones, Easy and Medium, will have barricades and vents blocked/made crouch spots to help a bit. About the displacement broken... I know. Already fixed it, probably moved it while mapping and didn't realize.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm working on the new version as we speak, and, hopefully, it won't lag this much (although it will lag a bit always because of its size, but it should be better now).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Version v2.1 up. It should be better fps wise and easier on the two first levels. I'm not sure about Tough and Apocalypse, but we will see... I would recommend servers with flashbang grenades that emit light to either disable them or lower the distance of those lights on this map, because, again, dynamic lights cause a lot of lag.
I think the hold spots need to be easier to defend, they are too wide and the zombies can easily get through.
Also, right before the first door to the left, you can get out of the map through the mountain
> **Posted by Dage4 Aquatic**
> Well, if it was obvious enough, this map really needs optimation. But I can wait for it for now.
> From what I played so far, its a pretty good map. I like it.
Could you tell me which areas suffered the most from FPS dips? I would like to get the optimization started for a possible future version.