Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
**Title:** dm ob killbox gravity gun (2012)
**Made by:** gtamike_TSGK
- Map up and running on this Server IP: **184.108.40.206:27015**
Hi all, here's a big map update full details below for the Killbox and gravity gun fans.
For this map you spawn with the gravity gun to start with, its very fun physics madness and up to 16 players.
Also the map is useful for players that want to really improve there gravity gun skill and be a better player.
**About:** Below are sub headings about the map and images to make things easy. :)
The map has been heavily optimized because of the mount of physics in the map.
Items like suit, heath, stick, crowbar, chargers etc have a fade render setting.
These settings have given the map a huge frame rate boost, so the frame rate stays high all the time ingame.
Also the trap monitor turns off if no one is the room watching it.
The map is very stable and you won’t get lag in any form or crash because of tweaks in map performance, also thanks to map testers.
The bottom walls/light areas has been designed to reflect physics model that hit it.
I have improved the lifts in the map the best I can, they are not affected by physics models that go under them and will not go back up right after hitting a physic model.
People can’t camp and hide in the containers because of a useful button that forces them out after pressed by someone, then you can decide how to take care of them.
In the 2 containers there are health, suit, crowbars and stun sticks only visible/rendered when in containers or very near.
Only small physics (like blades) can go in the teleport room.
You do this by passing them through the blue areas at door way.
The 1st teleport is easy to see, just jump on the box then jump again forward to be teleported, then box behind you will break so no body can follow you right away.
The 2nd teleport is in that room but you can work that one out hehe.
The trap is located in the super charger room when someone is inside the room a green light will turn on from the outside of the room.
If no body is inside the room the outside light will stay red.
By pressing the button the trap will enable metal gates that will lock the player inside of the room.
The player will hear a moving metal sound and then see a solid metal crusher will slowly come down.
The metal crusher will stop at the players head, make a nasty creaking sound and then will crush the player at lightning speed, also play a sound on impact.
There’s another button that does the same thing, it is found in the teleport room with a monitor to watch the player.
**The map is 100% remade/drawn from scratch and stable**
It has a new name, improved design, layout of physics, lighting, textures, sounds, models, teleports, help text,
smaller map area size, fall damage disabled, shadows, and heavily optimized, the list goes on.
**Full Update List 2012** (over 40)
1) The OB Particles effects are now packed inside the map. (requested/wanted feature)
2) Lowered Particle text that displays on server console. (less pre cache text)
3) Removed bot slaying feature and replaced with a better one. (no console slay text now)
4) Updated/improved the map lighting
5) All props now have shadows that cast a long distance (1024 inches)
6) Shadows from the metal brush platforms now cast much better/crisper quality.
7) Lifts now have a shadow (texture) under them.
8) The map reflections are now HD (Highest env_cubemap reflection setting)
9) Custom env_cubemap reflections for some decals (text spray textures)
10) Recompiled and fixed the sphere models (Now no red text errors in console)
11) Reskined the sphere models with a $detail texture (Now HD looking up close)
12) Reskined the GTA physboxes with a $detail texture (Now HD looking up close)
13) Reskined the 4 brown physboxes with a $detail texture (Now HD looking up close)
14) The brown physboxes now have blood decals around them.
15) The metal textures now have "Bumpmap" render to give the metal depth and more detail.
16) The metal textures now have "Anisotropic" "filter" (so textures don't fade/loose quality at a distance )
17) The Bumpmap textures are Lossless "BGR888 Bluescreen" .VFT format for best quality.
18) The red cargo container models now reflect and have a Bumpmap texture.
19) Lifts now have a higher res texture and are blue.
20) The hoops have been remade/optimized.
21) The wall curves have been remade/optimized.
22) The wall curved lights now reflect the map.
23) Optimized the map abit more and 5 models are optimized to be cheaper prop_static (plastic water melon crates and super suit charger)
24) The trap room floor and crusher has new HD textures.
25) The room with the monitor in has a new HD floor texture.
26) Green arrow and man decals ect now have a HD $detail texture.
27) The TV monitor now has a animated texture overlayed that flashes text that says "Live"
28) Added a gravity gun texture in TV monitor (teleport area)
29) Added slam decal in TV monitor on slam holder, placing a slam in the holder and exploding will enable the crusher trap (like a remote)
30) When any model button is pressed the model skin will change (access granted)
31) Improved turning HP at top of the map (Now gives player 125hp max) also reflects with Custom env_cubemap.
32) Health Chargers and Suit Chargers now have a slam protection feature. (Stops teleport slamming)
33) Roller models are now light blue.
34) Animated GTA texture is optimized.
35) Explosive oil drums now have a new skin.
36) Explosive water melons have a new skin and reflect.
37) Remade the text hint textures in the map.
38) Water melon crates are now green.
39) Added new spark effects
40) Fixed bug where the trap crusher would make dead players fall through the floor.
41) Also some other tweaks.
Hope you enjoy the map guys :)
Leave Comments and don't forget to rate the map ;)
> Hello > I rly like how this map is made. Looks awesome. > But I got a problem with starting it. > I'm trying to start a game in multyplayer mode - is that good? I mean the map i designed to be played for mp mode? > I check all of the google pages and I did that need to be done , just copy the map in to the maps folder. > When I try to start the game, map starts to load and stuck on 4 bars and I got this message "initializing world". I waited like 10 min for it but nothing happes. > What m'I doing wrong ? > > > Thank you so much for the great map!
I rly like how this map is made. Looks awesome.
But I got a problem with starting it.
I'm trying to start a game in multyplayer mode - is that good? I mean the map i designed to be played for mp mode?
I check all of the google pages and I did that need to be done , just copy the map in to the maps folder.
When I try to start the game, map starts to load and stuck on 4 bars and I got this message "initializing world". I waited like 10 min for it but nothing happes.
What m'I doing wrong ?
Thank you so much for the great map!
- The only reason I updated the map was I found a way to pack the OB Particles effects inside the map.
- I decided to do a few extra graphics updates to. (Just graphics and a few feature tweaks because I'm 100% happy with layout/gameplay flow)
- The size of the map is just right to keep frame rate levels balanced/respectable.
- If this is not your type of map feel free to view my newest map "dm-ob-nightmare-church-RC1" (completed/out of beta stage)
So essentially its the same map and only a phethera of appearance changes have been made to it? Would like to have seen physical improvements over visiual ones. Like secret rooms or a greatly enlarged playing area. Changing the appearance alone doesn't entice me to download a newer version of a map that I dropped from my server rotation long ago due to unpopularity amongst regular players on my server. Sure wish you did something more than a fresh coat of paint and actually making it smaller than before. C'mon Mike, you've been one of my favorite map makers for quite some time. Make something new, big, worth exploring and fun to play. People are too busy killing each other to actually spend time shooting baskets. Having not actually downloaded and tested the map, I won't rate it.