Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
### Hello there.
After a long time being completely away, I decided to get back into some mapping and
as my first work I chose to revive one of my first maps, rp_doomstown (which, in fact, was a hostage rescue map).
I planned to simply port the stuff from CS 1.5 to CS:GO but I lost the rmf file. It was back in 2004 so don't blame me on that one.
In any case, I turned it into a bomb-defusing map because - well. I don't like hostage rescue that much.
**So, to quickly describe this map:**
This ia a destruction map with 2 bomb spots, one near the CT spawn, one at the far right end of the map. Currently it is only a blockout to optimize playability, timings and balancing before starting to make it look nice. Please bear that in mind. **I know that it looks ugly :D**
The download contains a nav mesh.
I put this online so people can test. **This is by no means a finished map**, it's a long long way to get there, however the purpose of this would be to get the balancing straight.
I have done what I can with a couple of bots and 2 friends of mine, however, before I start making this look pretty I'd like to see how the map gets along, perhaps on a "real server".
So, if you happen to have a clan or a lot of steam friends and a server, I'd appreciate you testing this one. It should play well by now but then again, 12(or so) eyes see more than 2, right?
- Currently, there is no overview map but you should find the spots easily anyways.
- The marking of spot A and B are not the same as on the radar (they are the other way around where A is marked B and B is marked A)
- Some roofs are actually climbable in spaces where they shouldn't be. I expect you'll find them quickly.
- Lacks some performance optimization due to its simple structure there will be no issues though. (Of course I will optimize the map while going along)
- I'm aware of areas that appear to be a little bit over-sized, however this is due to my size calculations as the actual buildings later on will take up slightly more space than the orange blocks
Again, please remember this is an early build to address map balance, specifically timings and possible ways to go. I appreciate any constructive input on this :)
For more insight ramblings of mine about this project, you can read this