Install map to steam/SteamApps/(your steam login)/counter-strike source/cstrike/maps
for installation on the server - Time to first infection must be 15 second, or some people can be teleported to the zombies cage
Please server admins dont use this map, its not enjoyable for anybody without surf skills.
After it voted the server population drop 20%, after the zombie wave everybody die who cant surf and there only like 3 teleport in this map, so most of the zombies just cant do anything, because only those palyers die who cant surf. Map is just so stupid, make 0 sense.
Ok, I just tested the map, I thought it would be better, judging by the screenshots. I won't rate this version, as I suppose is the first from many more to come, but I'll say:
- The skybox doesn't really fit the lighting, and the overall looks of the map are quite dull. Give it a theme, for example, a ze_surf_space or something alike, and detail the map accordingly. The map lacks both detail and coherence, making it feel empty and boring.
- Don't copy holds! While I don't care, in the first hold area there's one hold that seems terribly similar to the one on ze_surf_facility. I'm not a fan on this map (and Motanum knows), mostly because I prefer 'outdoors' surf maps. Add more detailing to the holdpoints too. The theme suggestion would also be important on this matter, if you decide to do it.
- Make it noob friendly. There are lots of ZE players who are in fact very, very nooby! Adding simplified paths for them, helping areas and/or special holds they can stay in (with increased difficulty, of course) would make the experience more enjoyable.
- Randomize it! Add variations! Changes! Using a logic_case entity you can activate this or that teleport and, this way, you could virtually have a lot of random hold points, surf escapes, modes and secrets.
- Particles and improved lighting! The map looks, as I already said, rather bland. Add some generators made of particles, differently colored lights (be sure to keep the map coherent, though, using too many colors could look even worse), etc.
- Special weapons and/or secrets, events, gamemodes. Items and particular (randomized too) elements that enhance gameplay.
I must say the map looks promising by now. Some surf ramps/paths could be harder and require a bit more skill (maybe skillsurf -> special weapon?) Aside from that, I believe it still needs a lot of work, but with it, it will eventually get there.