Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
Inferno/Italy -like style map. 64 resps. good FPS. good balanced.
Updated archive with the bots-navigation file made by [Thinkfast2008](http://www.gamebanana.com/members/1201437 "Thinkfast2008")
Fabula: Bad guys trying to destroy some historical values. Good guys trying to stop them.
Sorry for bad english.)
in game it looks better than on screenshots.)
no bots-navigation, sorry.(
- good FPS with 64 players online
- great map design
- good mayp layout, both teams have a fair chance to win the round
- This map became a favourite on our 64 player server.
- Keep up the good work.
- First, allow me to congratulate you on this map that shows skill and creativity. I truly enjoyed it.
- Excellent level design that is pleasing to the eyes. This map is an eye-candy when it comes to brushwork and overall design, from the small ramp next to the stairs to the big Church's entrance.
- Very good choice of textures and props. It certainly gave the map a fresh look despite most of them being standard textures from Italy/Inferno.
- Good use of soundscapes to enhance the overall ambience. I must also mention the smooth transition between indoor and outdoor soundscapes.
- Very nice lighting especially indoors. The use of warm colors enhances the textures and details used in the map.
- Remarkable attention to details (just the way I like it and do it in my maps :)
- Good optimization across the map; the FPS remain high in all areas of this level (Good use of hint brushes and open-state areaportals). I also noticed you used occluders that I will discuss in the cons.
- Balanced and fast gameplay; the map layout is easy to remember and is enhanced with the addition of radar overview. To be honest, I was expecting the gameplay to be less enjoyable than the visuals but I was positively surprised. Good job on this one.
- Keep in mind that these cons are mostly minor ones and not meant to undermine your work. On the contrary, I'm using these to bring your attention to some areas to further improve this beautifully crafted level.
- The rails in bombsite A and near CT spawn are delaying bullets and reducing damage inflicted on the player you are targeting. I am talking about the standard rails from Inferno (prop_static) that exhibit this issue: When shooting from behind these rails, it takes 4-5 headshots from a short distance to kill the enemy player (using M4 or AK47) while, shooting without the rails from the same distance, 1 headshot is extremely deadly. This can be an issue since those rails are in the middle of bomb site A and will be used by most players for cover/peak/shoot tactics.
- The Terrorists spawn points are too high above the ground. You literally drop to the floor at the start of the round.
- You probably missed a nodraw texture on the side of the brick roof above a lattice near bomb site B. It's the one above a table with a radio on it. You can see through the roof (this one was picky LOL)
- As I said earlier, you are using occluders as part of the map optimization. I used console commands r\_occlusion and r\_visocclusion and the FPS with and without occluders is the same. Your hint brushes and areaportals are already doing an extremely good job in maintaining a high frame rate across the map, and the occluders are not hiding numerous/expensive models but rather couple of static props. I think you can try to discard the occluders to avoid extra real-time calculations for the engine since your map is doing great without these occluders.
- Absence of nav file with place names
- For the rails, it's better to make them non-solid and add a player clip brush on them. The problem lies within the vphysics of this model and not with you.
- Consider lowering the T's spawn points (CT's spawns are ok)
- Check the see-through texture :)
- Consider removing the occluders and testing again for any changes (or lack of)
- Add a nav file with place names for a better experience for players.
- I trully enjoyed your map and as I said before, it's an absolute eye-candy and a pleasure to look at and navigate through.
- This map reminds me a lot of the medieval town of San Gimignano in Tuscany, Italy. You really nailed the ambience and looks of an old european town.
- Keep up the good work and best of luck in your future projects.
This is a great map.
I enjoyed it so much I have put it on my server:
I hope you don't mind.
Good work! Detail is really good, layout works well. Just looks amazing.
UPDATE: This has 32 working spawns on both sides.