Terrorists try to bomb the factory or chemical cache spot.
This is an improved version of my map de_tehdas (factory). It has multiple improvements, fixes and enhancements to the map. I recommend updating as this version will fix some irritating fade and graphical bugs. There has not been critical bugs to fix.
Some of the changes:
- Fixed fade in props at certain distances
- Removed echo from sounds (no more echo)
- Fixed invalid lighting on some props
- Fixed T-base ligting to be less bright
- Added minor details and fixes
- Fixed shadows appearing through floor at certain spots
- No more radioactive effect radar
- Added HDR effect
And so on!
I fail to see how most of your screenshots have _anything_ to do with gameplay or how the map plays. Some of those areas are just details, the shadows do not matter. I also do not share your point of low fps.
The car which has flat tires has flat tires. It's not inside the ground. It would be hovering if it would be anymore higher from the ground. The other car has lights off, big deal. It looked stupid with them being on. Boxes in CT spawn are in corners due to no one actually storing box in the middle of the goddamn floor in real life and just leaving it there to block everyone. It's not working there and it's not working in-game. The crates that you see in the middle are NOT even visible to alive players.
You can roam around free look all around the map finding odd spots that you took pictures of but none of those really matter to gameplay, do they? Oh and the graffiti, how do you know if it wouldn't be there before the plants grew on top of it.
Some of the things are as they are because i made them so. I have received nothing but good feedback on this so far and you are the first that says boo.
- ok, some details : - I can't imagine how they make this spray behind this plant: - - what is this on the wall ?! - - some part need to be put in nodraw - - - - - - - - - - no light here : - - - mmh : this part is strange too, crates as this is no really realistic. - - again crates : here you should put some crate in the middle and add some spawn on it. - - this car in the ground ? (I know it is a very small detail) - - no light too - - too much bright windows - - - one window is transparent, the other not - - what are these light/reflection - - this part is strange - - you should close this door - - here, add an unit of wall more. -
I'd like to but i'm afraid that the months work i put into these maps gets buried like it has been buried now. I've gained nothing else than thanks. I't enough for me but i'd like to do more, get some encouragement and get the ambition back that i used to have. No, i don't mean money though. Just some recognition from certain party would be enough.
I like mapping very much. It's a shame that i can't do that more due to time constrains i have these days. I can make time but then i'd be out of work.
You have propably HDR on (High Dynamic Range). You can turn it off from advanced graphics settings. HDR effect doesn't work that well in CS Source, it's best to leave it off but i added it due to receiving feedback of putting it in.
> Have not playing the map much since the light was way to bright on my screen, and i cant set the light perfect for this map. But i has notice that this map is a bit darker than the 1st release. > > Else the map and sorundings looks really good