Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
Versus Saxton Hale: Party Island Version 7
This map is for the TF2's Versus Saxton Hale mod.
This map isn't a regular vsh map. It's got a twist! Every 30 seconds the announcer will pitch in, "5, 4, 3, 2, 1," and then one random event will happen. These events are fun little gameplay changing effects. The events last for 5-25 seconds and revert when finished. Alongside the normal event are also terrain changing events. These events toggle on/off once every 60 seconds.
Here is the list of events:
- Hundreds of health and ammo packs will spawn for 18 seconds.
- Gravity decrease.
- The wind will pick up and push everyone on higher ground.
- A stampede of cows will appear from nowhere.
- 8 teleporters will spawn.
- Hale will be teleported to the sky and stunned for 10 seconds.
- NEW! The world will become foggy and spooky for 25 seconds.
Here is the list of terrain changes:
- 4 wood surfaces will rise from the ground.
- 2 wood doors will block off the bottom area of the 2 archways.
- 4 wood dividers in an X shape will spring up.
- A moving bridge will spawn.
- NEW! Sawblades will spawn.
- NEW! A circular platform around the island will rise up.
I test as much as I can but this map contains a huge amount of logic entities, func brushes and other entities that all have to work correctly for everything to work. If you find a bug, please tell me in great detail and I'll try and fix it for the next release.
Have fun and tell me what you think.
Note: Also let me know if you come up with ideas for new events or have ideas on how to change/improve existing one.
Note2: Map works best if Hale is set to spawn only on blue.
CHANGE LOG SINCE VERSION 3
- Regular and terrain-changing events now happen independent to each other. On separate timers.
- The teleport-hale-to-sky event had been separated into 2 events. (one terrain and one regular)
- The teleport-hale-to-sky event now stuns hale for 10 seconds.
- Added 2 more teleporters for the teleporter event.
- Lowered moving platform speed from 50 to 45.
- Added a fog changing event. Spooky.
- Added sawblades terrain change.
- Enhanced the sounds played for the gravity and teleporter events.
- The event that spawns med and ammo packs now lasts 18 seconds. Up from 15.
- Added docks terrain change event.
- Fixed a problem with the sound effect played with the ammo and health event.
- Player launcher lowered from a force of 1800 to 1725.
- The launchers no longer extend up as high making it easier to walk by on the platform.
- Made cap area bigger.
- Lowered the no-build brush coverage in the center area to not cover the small ditches.
- Made all the behind-the-scenes doors passable/physicsless.
- Added a teleporter inside the bridge so when it spawns it can't trap players in the rare case that they occupy the space.
- Evened out the ground so it doesn't snag on the stairs.
- Added a couple more ramps to get up to the arches.
- Added no-build brushes to the water areas
- Added some spotlights to the point.
- Fixed a small detail bug.
- Added patches under ammo packs in the 4 corners.
- Added trimming to the 2 archways.
- Slightly adjusted some prop locations.
- Added detail to the 2 spawn platforms.
- Optimized water, lowered it's coverage in non-visible areas.
- Added occlusion brushes to activate when the 2 big archways are not passable.
- Added hint brushes to the center area.
EDIT: OCT 10, 2011
NEW: Bugfix patch, not a change-log but a fix-log.
CHANGES SINCE VERSION 6
- Fixed the black around the map when the spooky event is active.
- Fixed one of the saw blades no deactivating when told to.
- Fixed console error showing up because shrubs props have no hull but are set to physical.
- Fixed the on-hit saw's blood particals not showing up. They are now balloon particals.
EDIT: APL 12, 2012
UPDATE: Now included in the download is a NO WIND version of the map. Run the version marked with and NW if you don't like the wind event. Some people dislike the wind event so I made a version to cater to those people.
_[Fallow me on Twitter for updates on this and other mapping projects I'm working on!](http://twitter.com/doms_projects "Fallow")_
FUUUUUUUUUU... I just now, right this second was looking at some of the logic entities and stuff and I realized I f*cked up. One of the saw blades will never disable because of a small flaw. This makes me sad, because now I have to fix it and update this map to v7.
So... before I ship out a new version, if anyone has a suggestion for a small change, speak now or forever hold your peace.