again something dusty,now we have ak47-aim map with 14ct and 14t spawns ...ill make 1-2more dust-styled map and then ill make pack from them-TRY FIRST THEN RATE
::COMMENT AND RATE::
Would like to add map to your server?
ask me here or add Tuomas679 on steam
I'm going to be honest here; this map isn't very good. However, it really annoys me that there is an excess of people going around rating all maps with 2-5/10 without giving any sort of feedback whatsoever. It's a wonder people are even contemplating contributing to the development sections anymore, with such a feedback system (or lack thereof) in place.
That being said, I have some simple tips that could hopefully help you in the future.
- Be careful with brush and prop alignment. The bridge in the center is misaligned by a few units, and that really shows carelessness. For a map like this, your grids shouldn't even be that small.
- Use the nodraw texture on unseen faces. It doesn't really make a difference in a small map like this, but it's an important habit to get into.
- The layout of this map is not well thought out. Practically all spawn points can be seen from the opposing team's base, allowing massive spawn killing and no real game play.
- You need more cover, and said cover should vary much more.
- Try to create some more dynamic, realistic shapes, avoid the unrealistic "boxy" feel of things.
- Lower walls and more outer scenery.
- Use displacements.
That been said, I can appreciate your attention to the use of decals, and even attempting to manually create some sort of 3D skybox. The varying levels to the map sort of make it interesting, but this is clearly not a very well thought out level and I doubt you spent a long time making it.
Spend more time making stuff, and continue to research into tutorials. There's a tutorial on this site for everything I recommended.