Islamabad is under siege by the Talibans, it is up to the USMC to regain control over the massive city!
Finally the final version of the Islamabad series/project has been officially released! This version features a lot of new entities, brushes, gameplay, overlays, decals, houses, details, and more!! It has also been highly optimized with far Z clip plane and prop fading. You should now have an fps above 70-250+ FPS. And the crash bugs has as well been fixed, your server won't crash anymore, the reason why it crashed before was because I had to skip VVIS which is an important part of the compiling step, so that made the map crash your server a few times, but now this is fully fixed!
Hello there, thanks for showing interest in the Islamabad project!
The development for this project has currently been CLOSED! Simply because the project is 100% FINISHED! Thats right! It's finito!!
The Schedule has been like this: (The maps included in this project)
1: ins Akahablah (For CSS)
2: de Kurizh (For CSS)
3: ins Kurizh (For INS)
4: ins Mosul (For INS) (Name were changed to ins Kurizh Extreme later on)
5: ins Kurizh Extreme (For INS) (Never released due to compile errors and crashes)
6: BF Battle Kurizh v2 (For Battle-Force) (BF is our HL2 mod, we fixed a little on ins kurizh extreme and used it for our mod)
7: BF Peshaahr (For Battle-Force) (Fixed more on the BF Battle Kurizh v2)
The big changes happened here:
8: ins_Islamabad Score 7 of 10 (For INS) (Finally a full release of INS Kurizh Extreme, what was ins Kurizh Extreme? Well, it was both ins Kurizh and a new part added to the map which is ins islamabad, this was removed in the BF Battle Kurizh v2 and proceed without it from then on)
9: ins Islamabad night Score 8 of 10 (For INS) (The best release for its time! But I still did not fix the compile errors (Had to skip VVIS), so if you experienced issues with crashing and so on then that was the cause for it.. So It were not done yet!!)
10: ins Islamabad FINAL Score 10 of 10 (For INS) (The most detailed map ever! Features FULL HDR / HD. Finally I fixed all the compile bugs and errors and I can now compile the map with VVIS on normal!)
- This is the full HISTORY of the Islamabad Project.
- Project Details:
- Total Time spent: 1 Year / 365 Days
- Total Size of all map files and backups: To lazy to count it all but it should be a tough 3-4GB +++
- Final map/release was completed: 05.02.2011
- Ins_Islamabad_FINAL Documentation / Features:
- Game: Insurgency HL2 mod!
- Map Size: 56MB uncompressed
- Default Textures?: Yes, lots of them!
- Default Models: Yes, a few of those.
- Compile Method: Hammer World Editor @ FULL HDR Compile Final (!Slow!).
- Compile Time: 6 Hours.
- FULL HDR: Yep!
- Optimization: Yes, most modern computers/laptops will manage to run this map on 65-90 FPS in huge detailed areas (Where it is a lot visibility) And around 100-300+ FPS where there is less visibility!
The map has been optimized by using advanced and precise PROP fading to props, using a thick and powerful fog to hide overlays, decals and so on. And as well reduce the max render able distance, you won't be available to render the whole map. It is set at 2500 Inches to be rendered, more will be rendered as you walk further into the map of course.
- Safe Spawns?: Yes!
- No known bugs or glitches?: Nope, this map is currently empty of bugs!
- Available to exploit glitches/bugs?: There might be some but if you manage to do that you're probably cheating, so no.. There won't be available to find a lot of glitches like getting on a roof of a blocked off building.
- Tactical Gameplay?: Oh hell yea!
- Objectives?: Yes, there is four objectives: A, B, C and D!
- Overview?: Yes.
- Conflict Overview?: Yes.
- IMC2 File?: Yes.
- Resource file?: Yes.
- Release date: 06.02.2010
- VMF file: Nope. If you are interested to learn from my map or use it to extend it or improve it you can send me an e-mail at email@example.com or post a topic in my forums at my homepage!
- Tools used:
- Photoshop CS5 Extended Edition
- VMT Editor
- HDR / Color Corrections
- Hammer World Editor
- Cubase 5.1
- Source SDK
Ins Islamabad Final Concept / Gameplay History Line:
There are still a lot of heavy rainfall in Islamabad, Pakistan.
A lot of sand has slid, leaving a lot of the city in ruins and people trapped beneath the sand.
And suddenly out from nowhere, the Talibans are trying to take control over Islamabad!
It's up to the USMC to regain the control of ISLAMABAD!
Check [Fun-Piranesi](http://www.piranesi.aowc.net "Fun-Piranesi") for more maps!
Install Instructions: To run this map on a server or to play solo/lan move all the folders in your "ins islamabad final.Zip" over into your "C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/ACCOUNT NAME/Insurgency/Insurgency" folder! If you get any message about overwrite existing files you should say yes to that!
For more INFO and Awesome maps check our homepage: [Fun-Piranesi](http://www.piranesi.aowc.net "Fun-Piranesi")
Do you like Mods better than original games? Then you definitely should check out our epic HL2 modification "Battle-Force"! Check this page for more info about it: [Battle-Force](http://www.moddb.com/mods/battle-force "Battle-Force")
Other Upcoming Projects:
- ins Jablamahad Mountain is going to be the first and best mountain map for INS, it will feature A LOT of default models, textures and sounds and it will be a fully snow theme, with a lot of realistic snowfall and fog and as well as night lightning / theme.
- Battle-Force: Multi Player v6.2 Beta Patch will feature full SOLO & MULTI Player Coop gameplay where you will fight against lots of NPCs in arena stylish maps, similar to Lost Planet 2!
That is all for now! I hope you will add my new INS map for your server and tell other peoples about it too! Trust me, you won't regret it! This map has a lot of awesome features and good gameplay features!! :-D
Step by my homepage if you need help or similarities like that!! :)
- Add me on steam: "Bernt705"
Servers that will feature "ins islamabad FINAL" 24/7: "184.108.40.206:27015" --- ( Please add this one to your server favorites)
- Q1: Has the map been optimized now?
- A1: Yes, now you will run it with at least 70 fps in high visible areas and 100-300+ FPS in areas where there is less visibility! :D
- Q2: Will the map be hosted on some official servers?
- A2: Yes, it will be hosted on my server here: 220.127.116.11:27015, but you're free to host in on your own server too.
- Q3: Will the map crash my server?
- A3: Nope, that only happened on the Islamabad day and night versions, the final version has been highly fixed so this will not occur, I guarantee it!
For more Pictures check this page: [Img39.imageshack.us](http://img39.imageshack.us/g/insislamabadfinal0027.jpg/ "More Screenshots")
- Written by Tooxic "11th February, 2011"
!(http://module.game-monitor.com/18.104.22.168:27015/image/default/p:FFD633/default.png "Fun-Piranesi's Game Server for Insurgency")