Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
Kakariko Village from Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past
This is a re-creation of Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past's Kakariko Village.
Its a 3-point CP map.
Go to http://beetle.calculatedchaos.com for more screenshots, alternate download links, and other maps I have made.
amazing and love loz alttp i beat it seven times can you pls make a version the exact same for css becouse it would be awesome and if you search zelda on couner strike planet you will find a map of the loz alttp castle you should check it out it for cs 1.6 though :(
Thanks for the feedback, Doc. The new one will have more trees around the edges. I'll think hard about interiors. The buildings, even in the real game, are not as big as they actually are on the inside, so I'd have to make teleports to each. I'm not going to make 'breakable' bushes. Its just not worth it. I might throw a few breakable jugs in there though. And I'll think about all the other stuff you said.
Pros: A beautiful recreation of the central Kakariko Village from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past! Everything is beautifully recreated (and in some cases, improved upon) and the map appears to be perfectly accurate right down to the slightest cobblestone. Plenty of alternate routes, a decent share of health and ammo all placed near the three control points, and plenty of places for chokeholds and base defense, as well as sniping spots and hiding places.
Cons: The only cons I could find are minor nitpicks, honestly, and nothing map-breaking. The music is repetitive, the doorway on the high building is too short, BLU demomen can put sticky bombs on the areas above the archway... Things like that. I also find that once Point A goes, at least in bot games, Point B and Point C fall immediately after. Like dominoes. But this could be said about a number of other maps, official and user-generated.
Improvements: The improvements are many, but again, there's nothing largely map-breaking that needs changing or anything like that:
1. Turn off that music! Seriously, there's no way to disable the music as it is and some people (like myself) will play with their own music playing in WinAMP or what-have-you. I know it adds to the atmosphere of the stage, but after the first few loops, it just gets monotonous...
2. Building interiors! There were several houses in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past in which Link could enter. I know they were all locked up tight at some point of the game and I can understand why they'd be locked up here, but I think building interiors would add some further uniqueness to the map.
3. Please consider raising the height of the RED roof access. There's no reason for it to be that short.
4. Maybe fix the waterway in the corner so it's easier to hop out from. Some classes are taller or bigger than others and have trouble hopping out, despite the auto-ejection system on either ramp.
5. There's no reason to give the RED team two minutes of setup time. Seriously...
6. Add actual grass models or sprites.
7. Destroyable pots and bushes. Need I say more?
8. Change the surrounding cliffs to trees. I know it's extra work since you'd have to add some additional background stuff to the map, but it shouldn't be too hard since you more or less already have the models to work with and such. Plus, barricading off the reaches of Kakariko village should be a cakewalk from there!
Notes: It's worth noting that I've only played this map with RCBot2 bots, but I can't imagine the map being any less fun with real, unpredictable, live players.
Everything apart from the walls, doors and floors are modified to fit the 3d better.
Your geometry is pretty dead on.
I love the way you made little sprites from the flowers and grass, you should add more of that.
I couldn't have done it any better myself.