After over 10 maps based on aperture science for Counter Strike Source, and Team fortress 2, I finally finished my first proper Portal map.
Now the testing can begin as proper.
This map can take a long time to complete or very little time. Will you take the time to defeat the turrets, or will you speed run before they kill you? Its your choice, YOU are the subject.
I plan for this to be my first level in proper portal, and this level will simply train you into obtaining the skills so that you can beat my next level. (Which I haven't started, but will come out sometime)
Again, this is just a training level to obtain some skills, and because of that, there are no buttons or sphere or incineration of any kind. Its more of an obstacle course using portals than a puzzle. My next level will be a proper puzzle, where you would need to use all the skills in this map.
So practice and stuff ^^
Comment and contact me at email@example.com
Just paste the .bsp file from the rar on your maps folder for Portal
Default should be Files\Steam\steamapps\Account_Name\Portal\Portal\maps
(Yes, is portal twice)
Then to launch the map either import it to your bonus maps, or open console and type in "map mota_level1" without the quotation marks.
Nice little portal map, since you have been making Aperture Science themed maps your skill shows. Besides few minor things which I am listing down the map is perfect.
1. In the beginning during the wake up animation you can see Chell through the portal standing still which is a little awkward.
To prevent it what you can do is make the portals activate a little after the animation is over instead of placing them from the beginning.
2. The glass wall around the wake up room has concrete texture above it
which does not make sense and the ones at the turret room
are also somewhat similar. Maybe try making them like they are done in the original maps.
3. The angled wall in the portal gun room doesn’t fit in
it looks a lot different from the rest of the room. Try making it a little like
Though it will take a little more time but it’s worth it.
4. Goo pit doesn’t have the water_mist particle effect.
5. The orange light in the walls looks really bad
my first thought was it’s a leak lol.
6. The map is missing soundscapes and the entire map was somewhat silent. Even slapping some random soundscapes here and there can make a lot of difference.
7. The portal in this image
is going below the ground level, placing ‘tools/invisible’ textured brush between the wall and the floor can solve it.
8. The doors were opening too fast, slow them down a little bit and make them open from a distance and not when the player is standing right next to it.