Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
Linear payload track with 4 control points on a coast and with a small trainyard at the end.
A multiplayer map for Team Fortress™ 2
Beta 1 Release
Layout * Linear Payload Track
4 Control Points (like Badwater)
Player Maximum * 16 vs 16
Author * Christoph Manschitz
File Name * pl_downhill_b1.bsp
File Size * 55.871 KB
Pakrat Date * Nov 9 / 2009 - 2:49 AM
Created with * Source SDK, Valve Hammer Editor 4.1 Build 4515
Special Thanks to:
* FLOOR_MASTER and 2fort2furious.com // for playtesting and feedback
* Fabian 'Acumen' Schmidt // for custom models
* A Boojum Snark // for the prop library
* a1freesoundeffects.com // for free sound file: tugboathorn.wav
* Everyone who submitted feedback
Custom Models by Fabian 'Acumen' Schmidt:
* models/custom/bollard_32.mdl // 777 polys
* models/custom/bollard_64.mdl // 777 polys
* models/custom/bollard_skybox.mdl // skybox version of bollard_64, 777 polys
* models/custom/anemometer_a.mdl // dynamic model, with pole, 1800 polys
* models/custom/anemometer_b.mdl // dynamic model, with wall bracket, 1800 polys
* models/custom/crane_lod_skybox.mdl // HL2 model, converted for 3D skybox, 3600 polys
Pros: We played it on woof last night. It was very impressive, and we've put it up on rotation.
Cons: I felt that it was extremely difficult for the attacking team to secure a safe foothold while attacking the final point. Mostly it is because of all these paths that RED could use to flank BLU, and it can get really frustrating. I tried to stop them by trying to set up a forward engie base, but the only locations with metal I could find close enough to the final point never lasted long, as it feels like I'm always being attacked from all directions.
Improvements: I would suggest making some of the numerous passageways one-way (one-way doors, dropdowns, obstacles, etc), or at the very least some defensible niches with metal for BLU engineers that at the same time would be a poor place to build for RED engineers.