Devil's Brew 2 RC1you'll get so drunk, you'll swear the control points are moving!
("don't worry, you're not THAT drunk, the control point DID move")Won 2nd place in the FPSB TF2 realistic mapping competitionnow available in Red Cranberry RC (release candidate) flavour!
The basic premise of Devil's Brew was to address the issue of 5point/2way/granary-style CP maps stalemating, whilst also introducing a new element to the gameplay.
More plainatively, the middle and 2ndary points move about 500 units towards the owner, and on the other side of a door(which only opens to let the CP move past).
Devil's Brew 2 is the result of what happens when you rush the final version (which i did in the hope of having a finished map for the competition)
As a result, there were a number of balance issues that were not discovered until later on.
The story of Devil's Brew is an idea of 2 breweries, in an industrial area, attempting an aggressive takeover bid of eachother.
- name changed to "devil's brew 2".
- increased the texture size on the water in the skybox.
- added more arrows around the bases to identify exit routes more clearly.
- doubled the cap time on the final point.
- changed alignment of spawn points to face primary exit door.
- minor texture and asthetical changes and additions, and a few draw-distance changes on some props.
- fixed a bug where blue's 2nd point awarded spawn time reduction to the wrong time when captured.
- tweaked the lighting in the red spawnroom so it matches the lighting used in the rest of red base.
- added a new spawn room behind each base to help teams defend when they have only one cap point left.
- fixed areaportals that are connected to doors to begin the map closed instead of open.