Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
About two months of production time in total have been put into this map.
I hope you'll enjoy it! The sandbox/deathmatch version will be the next project.
* Edited indoor layout and brightness
* Moved roof entrances
* Made rounds longer
* Players should no longer be able to build on conveyers
* Tanks now give supplies to nearby players
* More medkits and ammo
This map features:
* Over 100 custom textures
* 3D skybox
* Tanks with teleporters
* Ramps that shoot you far away
* Shortcut pipes
* Jumping moles
If you like this map, make sure to put me on your watchlist for more updates.
Pros: -Much improved over the original.
-Very fun map.
-Lots of "secret" spots.
-Not nearly as eye-piercing as the first one.
Cons: -Some lighting issues, no big complains.
-Generating a .nav causes my TF2 to crash, so I can't really say how well the bots work here.
What a nice job man. I had a few crash issues after round end and when switching to this map. I so hope you complete this map casue I would love to run it 24/7 on one of my servers. Thanks for your efforts!
Posted by Mainman
Every time I show this map to somebody, I get a response along the lines of "Somebody recreated mario_kart, but made it GOOD!?". I'm inclined to agree; this is well-structured and pleasing on the eyes. Plenty of places to hide Engineer buildings all across the map, and the adjustable routes to the point (and the pipe system) make for some very interesting, dynamic tactics ...
Thanks alot for the feedback. It really means alot to me.
I've already started working on beta2, which will balance things out a bit more, and fix most of the discovered bugs.
To summarize this map's features:
- A portal in both spawn rooms, which spits you out of a pipe mounted on your team's giant kart.
- Karts can be moved around the course by standing in the driver's seat. Karts can be driven regardless of your team.
- There are two green pipes on the ground near the middle passageway (beneath the point). Jumping into one will teleport you to the outlaying green pipe on the other side of the map, after a brief 'pipe journey' sequence.
- In the corners adjacent to the spawns are a 'dummy' control point, a (functioning) server-spawned dispenser, and a large roof-access jump ramp. Along another outlaying wall is a small control room with an interactive switch (shoot or whack it); this will open that team's roof access to the control point for 30 seconds, and triggers a loud alarm to alert anybody near the point.
Every time I show this map to somebody, I get a response along the lines of "Somebody recreated mario_kart, but made it GOOD!?". I'm inclined to agree; this is well-structured and pleasing on the eyes. Plenty of places to hide Engineer buildings all across the map, and the adjustable routes to the point (and the pipe system) make for some very interesting, dynamic tactics.
Aside from the pipe sequence (which contains health packs to offset the falling damage you unintentionally take), you seem to have hit the nail squarely on the head with this beta.
Pros: Awesome map, fun to play & looks great : )
Cons: Lighting needs a little work, some areas are a little too dim, & hdr would be nice.
The point is too easily defended, only one valid option for entry for an attacking team which can easily be camped by demomen/engineers/heavys.
This can be countered by parking one of the karts by the other teams entry or one of the ramps to the roof so people can teleport from spawn to there but organising an attack through that would be challenging to say the least ( :
Improvements: Make the alternate routes to the cp more accessable or add new ones.
Add some more lighting (+ hdr :D)
URL to post:
Pros: I enjoy it more than the original Mario Kart map that is out there.
Cons: It's very open, so engineer is very useless on this map.
Improvements: - Get some good ambient sounds
- More Spots to build for engineers