Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
UPDATED TO RC2
Wiseguy149 and I have been working in this map for the last months and now is good enough to be released publicly
Tr_walkway is a single player training map for Team Fortress 2, it features bots (computer controlled players) walking on a track. There are loads of different options to customize the playfield, making walkway a good place to practice a wide array of TF2 techniques and general aim.
The map features:
* An endless flow of bots, with the possibility to customize their speed, deploy time and class
* Easy to use button interface, with in-game explanation of every function
* Action for the bots. You can order them to attack, jump, dodge or strafe. Manipulate how much hit points do they have before they enter the walkway, choose when to kick or kill them or make them spam silly voice commands
* Flexible launch-pad, capable of giving random trajectories or adjustable power
* Custom console commands to control the map without the need to press a button. Useful for creating, loading and sharing game-mods
* Coding system, including variables, timers, random cases and customizable text. Create minigames, training sessions or testing areas without the need to install a mod
* Constant regeneration. The whole map is a giant resupply cabinet, players inside it don't need to heal or reload their weapons. But in walkway, the resupply is completely silent and can be turned off if needed
* Training map designed with a TF2 look in mind, with custom textures, posters, goodies and a secret easter egg
* sv_cheats is turned on, so your stats won't be saved :)
Attention: the .rar includes a readme with very important information about the map. It's recommended to read it.
TR_TELEPORT FIX FOR MULTIPLAYER (only for rc, already fixed in rc2)
Copy this command in the console to make tr_teleport work in multiplayer servers
alias tr_teleport "setpos -1456.420166 3003.405029 -80"
The map is almost finished, but suggestions and opinions are still welcome.
A word of advice to anyone who is trying out this map and discovering it isn't working correctly (or at all), write the following commands in the console: sv_cheats 1;
sv_allow_point_servercommand always These commands, respectively:
Turn on cheats (which are required for the bots that tr_walkway uses).
Disable the dynamic team size limits (which limit the bot count to 2 when there's 1 player on RED).
Allows use of point_servercommand entities in all maps (tr_walkway's buttons use those entities to function).
I hope you'll read this, I really love your map, and I really hope you can add these bots configurations: + allowing bots to look at their back and move forward at the same time. + make bots look at you.
Thank you sir, if you read this, and thank you more, if you decide to add these to the map.