The Helms Deep fully conversed into Source engine for ze mod.
- All bugs fixed (knife boosting, crash ladders)
- Few things improved.
- V5 = FINAL version
- Torch works now
- Force zombie spawn from 5 to 10 seconds
- FIXED FOR NEW ENGINE(cs source update) (the torch works now)
- Balance: battering ram is more powerful
- Balance: barricades at castle are more effective
- Force zombie spawn from 5 to 15 seconds.
- New explosion effect (by source engine 2009)
- Minor bug fix: last charge obstruct coz the gate tables
- Bug exploit (boost zombies to the secret passage at castle) fixed.
- New way between two of the spawn zones.
- Battering ram is more powerful.
- Bug fix (people getting in mountains, invisible prop at charge, stuck, etc).
- Final hall with static barrier.
- Less defending time at forth (40s no 50s)
- Small barricade near the small door of forth.
- The shiny points (of the retreat) will appear only when the fort doors are open.
- The gate will be break easily with the battering ram.
- No teleport zone at last charge.
- Balance adjustments
- No crash problem
- Bugs fix
- A lot of adjustments (balance problems)
- Crash problem
- Zombie block problem (server with 25 s of zombie spawn)
WARNING: this map is ready for :
- Servers with 1º zombify time between 0 and 25 s (more than 25 will generate weird and bad rounds).
- Servers without unlimited ammo (the ladders will break sooner, much more easy)
- Servers no block.
Fangorn and Helms Deep outdoors.
Same as the film, humans must reach Helms Deep and fight against the orcs and their weapons and items.
How to win (as human)---------
Escape from Fangorn forest, reach the Helms Deep, defend at the walls or at the main door as much as you can; if the main door breaks, people at wall must retrieve to the fort, if zombies pass the wall, the main door will break in 40s; before one of these events, CT must defend the first level during 30 s before get in the fort (2º level), where they need to defend during 40s; after this,they must go into the hall, defend during 20 s, and then charge against the zombies to escape from Helms Deep.
How to win (as zombie)--------
When night falls, you can attack the wall or the door:
- The main door: you can break it with knife, and try to get in, or wait until the ram to break the door easily (you need to stay near the ram to move it). At more than 1:30 minutes, you can use the huge stair to get at the fort.
- The walls: siege the walls; use the stairs to climb the wall and try to kill CT; at more than 1:30 minutes, you can catch the torch, and explode the wall.
· Day and night fight.
· Zombies have 500 hp regen every 10 s (they are zombie Uruk-Hai ).
· AFK and people out of Helms Deep will be forced to be zombies.
· The torch will expire in 25s; then will appear another torch.
· The ladders are breakable, you can pull the ladders.
· Optional barricade: some static barricades can be activated with +use button.
· LOTR scenes:
- Aragorn and Gimli: jump as human to the bridge and pull the zombies.
- Legolas shoot: the only way to pull the huge stair, is shooting at the rope, you have 0.5 s to shoot a little point.
- Final charge: you must follow the shiny path to push away the zombies.
· 2 secret items.
** Confirmed **
With the update to current version 4_2 from prev v4_1, the Torch now works and the explosion of Wall is seen in all it's glory.
All other functions are reported working perfectly.
Well done Hannibal & Team, and thank you for your quick response to this!
Cheers for the update Hannibal and crew .. Helms Deep torch works for the first explosion ... the new explosion effects are terrific too .. but subsequent attempts to blow the Wall with Torch fail.
First round no problem, but anymore rounds (we have a 4 round per map rotation) and the Torch does not work after the first time.
Can you please look at what might be causing that? Cheers and PM me if you need any other info.