IntroductionThis map is an attempt to alter ctf_2fort to make it more fun and less prone to stalemates, while still maintaining distinctive 2fort features and gameplay. In addition to the balance tweaks and fixes of ctf_2fort_fixup, major features of the current (B2) release are:
- Ramps to exit the water, to make it easier for enemies to attack the weakest defensive front.
- A new room in each basement, to help overcome intelligence-guarding sentries.
- New, separate main-spawn exits, to split defenders' forces and help attackers pass the area.
- Vent access from the lower-courtyard to the basement, bypassing common sentry positions.
- An unique way for flag-carriers to escape the enemy base, via the cooling tower and sewers..
- Added pathways and hiding spots on the first floor.
NewsJuly 29 2009: Beta 1 released. Aug 23 2009: Beta 2 released, with major new routes containing custom particles and soundscapes. Jan 21 2010: Beta 3 released, with new water-ramps, improved underwater areas, and size/performance fixes.
- Some shadows are not as realistic as they could be, but I'm hoping in most places they're fine since nobody would truly notice.
- HDR is not supported. The final version will have HDR, but for now it bloats the filesize.