You can finally experience the game in Full HD 1080p as you always wanted. as an extra, you can also play it in a cinematic view (21:9 resolution).
This project was entirely made from scratch using Flash Pro! all of the animations made respected the same positions, frames and 'master' names to look like the original content, some images were modified to fit in some animations (e.g.: Sonic art in the Title Screen; the copyright info from the console versions of the game; the Main Menu Background, since i didnt found an high quality official art of the formation circle/zanki i made one.)
DO NOT (and i repeat, do NOT) use this mod over the Upscaled AI! If you want to experience this mod and Upscaled AI mod, please move the Widescreen mod under the Upscaled AI (overriding).
This mod is not available for others ports either. This is exclusively for the Microsoft Windows port of the game.
This mod will require TONERR, Universal File Redirector and Heroes Graphics Essentials, courtesy of Sewer56. Graphics Essentials is highly recommended to set your game resolution as whatever you want (4:3, Widescreen 16:9 or Cinematic 21:9, or even for whatever you want)
In-Depth TextIn this mod, you will find the following changes:
- Title Screen
- Available for all languages: English, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Korean;
- Modified Textures: Sonic Render Art - The original file does not show the whole artwork, the Widescreen mod will show the artwork (not as a whole, but including the hand);
- The copyright info is from the console ports (XBOX in this case);
- The background was upscaled by using an online image upscaler.
- Backgrounds with Widescreen and Cinematic support;
- Modified Textures: Main Menu Background - The Original file (Formation Circle/Zanki) was cutted, so i made a new Zanki from scratch and remade the background;
- Extra's circle position is now on the top left side of the screen, to differ from the Single Player one, which is in the bottom right side;
- Multi Player Menu's black bars have now a fade on both sides;
- Audio Room's "Now Playing..." was modified to have Widescreen and Cinematic support.
- Loading Screens / Stage Titles
- EVERY. LOADING. SCREEN. WAS CHANGED! enjoy the length on Normal, Extra, 2P and Hard Modes!
As always, feel free to share your thoughts about the mod. If you found an issue on the mod (some misplaced texture, crash or animation error), write an issue report here or DM me on Discord/GameBanana. A special thanks for the testers and "teachers" that, once again, helped me with the process of creating 2D animations for Sonic Heroes.
can i retire now? ok.. im going to sleep, night.