Condensed Animated HUDFeatures:
Smaller overall HUD size
Weapon select no longer contains text names
The Poison Indicator has been replaced by a Special Damage Indicator. A message relevant to the special damage type recieved (burn, poison, drowning, radiation) will display a relevant HL1-inspired icon and message on the HUD.
New font (Alte DIN 1451 Mittelschrift)
HUD elemets become highlighted based on user action
- Health Counter flashes green/yellow when gaining health, and flashes red when damage is taken or health is low (see Bugs section below) [OPTIONAL]
- Suit Counter flashes blue/yellow when gaining suit charge, and flashes red when damage is taken or charge is low [OPTIONAL]
- Auxiliary Power flashes yellow when being used
- Ammo Counter flashes yellow when weapon reloaded/switched, or when ammo is aquired
- Weapon Selection menu flashes yellow when opened
- Squad Status flashes yellow when members join, and red when members leave/die
Hud Panels now animate together based on context
- When the Suit Counter reaches zero, it will shrink and the Health Counter will extend to take its place, along with showing an "ARMOR COMPROMISED" message that slowly flashes amber until more power is acquired
- If the selected weapon uses secondary ammo (SMG, AR2) the Ammo Counter extends accordingly
- The Key Hint panel will slide out from the side of the screen when showing a hint
- The Special Damage Indicator moves up or down depending on whether Auxiliary Power is being used
- The Weapon Selection panel will subtly slide down from the top of the screen when summoned
- If squadmates are sent to a location, the "SQUAD FOLLOWING" message on the HUD and Squad Status panel will shrink to hide the message
Sometimes when taking damage, the Health Counter will flash green instead of red. I have no idea why, and as far as I'm aware this can only be fixed by using the "No HealthSuit Flash" version. Note: As of Version 0.6, this bug happens extremely rarely.
The Commentary panel is effectively eliminated with this HUD. The audio itself is fine, but the HUD element with the bar and icon are gone.
The Hints panel will sometimes be higher up than intended.
The main menu title for Synergy or Lost Coast will appear broken. To fix, navigate to the "Condensed Animated HUD" folder and open the file "resource\clientscheme.res" with a text editor (I use Notepad++). Find the "ClientTitleFont" line and follow the instructions written there.
This mod will not work with any other HUD mod, or any mod that changes the following files:
To install for regular Half-Life 2/Episode 1/Episode 2 or MMod, choose a version and place the "Condensed Animated HUD" folder into the "custom" folder of the desired game.
To install for Synergy, navigate to your Half-Life 2 installation directory. Once there, place the included "valve_english.txt" into "Half-Life 2\hl2\resource" and replace the old "valve_english.txt" file. Then, place the "Condensed Animated HUD" folder into Synergy's "custom" folder.
If using the "Useable and fixed Annabelle, Alyxgun and gluon on maps" mod, install everything from that mod except the "custom" folder, then put this mod into the desired game’s "custom" folder.