DISCORD LINK: https://discord.gg/eSCxjjY
CURRENT BUILD FOOTAGE PLAYLIST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22x9A4rtQ9rd55k6DiugabxqAvbzDWbo
BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS, BE SURE TO READ THE README INCLUDED IN THE DOWNLOAD. I WILL NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS THAT CAN BE ANSWERED BY READING THE README.
UPDATE 8.2.0aThe final update for a while (outside of major/minor bugfixing), I need to take a break lol
Finally figured out that pesky tether ledge occupancy, so ledgehogging tethers and getting ledgehogged while tethering to ledge should work a lot more closely to PM. You can see the changelog for more details. A few more balance adjustments and engine tuning to tie up the game feel a bit more, and some competitively-oriented stage changes, and this update is sure to satisfy for a while. Have fun, I'll be back in a few months!
Changelog Link: https://pastebin.com/LT5wuaka
UPDATE 8.0.3aWe did it boiz, ground to air momentum conservation has been achieved! Huge shoutouts to PiNE for figuring it out. This update comes with a new momentum system that works more similarly to how it does in Melee/PM, along with character attribute readjustments to match. Alongside some more balance changes and a couple new goodies, you'll be sure to love this update.
Changelog Link: https://pastebin.com/BDKnH1V6
UPDATE 8.0.0aQuite the massive update this time. This update is huge as you can probably tell once you take a peep at the changelog, and I wanted to get it out of my hair so I could take a bit of time off and didn't want to keep a pretty much feature-complete update from you guys for too long so things may be a bit rushed. Expect a few hotfix patches in the near future as bugs come up. Otherwise, enjoy!
Changelog Link: https://pastebin.com/3vKsHuWx
UPDATE 7.3.1aAnother somewhat large balance update, with a few new additions. Working on some big stuff for the next major patch, so stay tuned!
Changelog Link: https://pastebin.com/VzqUcya0
UPDATE 7.1.0aJust an update with some leftover changes that I wasn't able to include in 7.0.1a. This will be the last patch of a while outside of major/minor bugfixes, the next patch will likely be in a few months. Things should be a bit more reasonable this update balance-wise, enjoy!
Changelog Link: https://pastebin.com/EWSufhQC
UPDATE 7.0.1aPretty big update this time, though kinda rushed due to school. Things may be a bit wack balance-wise this update, but I wanted to get it out of my hair ASAP so I could get back to focusing on IRL stuff. Next update will be a lot more reasonable balance-wise and we'll have a pretty changelog again. For now though, enjoy Byleth!
Changelog Link: https://pastebin.com/VdVfaqfV
UPDATE 6.4.0aYet another minor update lol. Been tinkering with different knockback parameters and found a combination that I really like that I think you guys will enjoy too. Got some other priorities to take care of so I won't be able to push updates as frequently, but the next update should be a pretty major one.
Changelog Link: https://pastebin.com/zmcTxna7
UPDATE 6.3.0aAnother minor update. Forgot to bring over some character tech when doing the refactor of my plugin, so those are back in. Additionally, I've reduced move speeds which should make the flow of the game a lot healthier, along with a few minor balance adjustments and reworked jostle/collision/pushback mechanics to be more similar to Smash 4.
Changelog Link: https://pastebin.com/WDLgNZEE
UPDATE 6.2.0aNOTE: If you downloaded update 6.2.0a before 12:00 PM MST on 1/4/19, download it again! I released a hotfix update that fixed an issue with Snake's grenades and ZSS's neutral special.
A semi-minor update this time around. Just some quality of life fixes for a few characters and a new animation for Sonic's fair and Ganondorf's utilt. Nothing too special overall, but those new tools should be nice to play around with. Enjoy!
Shoutouts to Kaiju_94 for the new menu music and Brawltendo for the Sonic and Ganondorf animations!
Changelog Link: https://pastebin.com/VksUcekU
UPDATE 6.1.0aA minor update with about half of the changes I that I wanted to add to release 6.0.0a that I wasn't able to. Been super busy so I wasn't able to write out a pretty changelog for this version, but the changelog I'll link should be enough. Don't worry, I'll spruce up and fully update the official changelog soon enough.
Changelog Link: https://pastebin.com/zcEuHAZy
UPDATE 6.0.0aMASSIVE update this time around. Way too much to list in one post so see the changelog for details. It's a bit messy this update since I haven't been able to find the time to clean it up, and since there are so many changes since last update I just decided to list the changes from vanilla to the current update, but it should let you know everything that's been changed from vanilla.
Changelog Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hFC43bsUv0VAQ4x1GxxZZb6z2v-zPru6XxUdteasYIw/edit?usp=sharing
UPDATE 5.6.0aJust a few major bugfixes and a few added mechanics this time around. Check the updates list in this post for more details.
Huge thanks to MilkiiJugs for the title screen, loading icon, and menu skin!
UPDATE 5.5.1aHDR has been updated for version 6.0.0, and a whole slew of balance, engine and mechanic changes and new character tech have joined the fray! Along with the advent of ACMD comes the start of full character reworks and retools as well. You can find an unofficial changelog from 4.1.0a to 5.5.1a here, until I can update the official changelog: https://pastebin.com/EEDuDXwR
Now get out there and wreak havok with the Legendary Hungry Wolf!
ARE YOU OK?!?!
This is a project I've been working on in my spare time, that I've decided to release since so many people who have played have given it such glowing reviews.
The premise? Take Ultimate and make it ten times cooler.
Featuring missing tech from prior entries in the Smash series, a more interactive and dynamic hitstun and DI system, improved movement across the board, and a whole new slew of character-specific tech. We're getting wild here - I'm talking airdodge cancel Bonus fruit, dash cancel Water Shuriken, Magic Series for Ryu, Ken, and Terry (we Marvel out here now), you name it. It all comes together in HDR.
Alright, alright, you want a list of everything in the game? Ok, don't say I didn't warn you:
- Higher hitstun scaling, 18 degree DI, 6 unit SDI - Dash Dancing
- Melee ECB behavior and shifts
- Edge canceling
- Shield Stopping
- Shield Dropping
- Parry projectile reflection
- Melee-style tumble (airdodge disabled during tumble, wiggle out of tumble)
- Drop through platforms while running
- Jump cancel grabs
- Airdodge cancel zair and item toss (aerial glide toss returns)
- DACUS - DACDS
- Double Jump Cancels (Ness, Lucas, Mewtwo)
- Pivoting/Perfect Pivots
- Ledgehogging - More recovery mixups
- More skillful ledge snaps - no more free recoveries, you gotta sweetspot now! Edgeguard away! - Faster ledge actionability
CHARACTER-SPECIFIC TECHPhew, that's a lot, with more on the way! And that's not to mention all of the rebalancing alongside all this tech! Little Mac is garbage no more!
- Bayonetta: Combo system; Cancel Jab 2/3 into Dtilt, Jab 3 into Dsmash, Ftilt into Usmash
- Banjo: Land cancel Egg Firing, airdodge cancel Rear Egg
- Bowser: Jump cancel grounded Bowser Bomb at peak, Flame canceling
- Bowser Jr.: Airdodge out of Clown Kart jump, dash cancel Clown Cannon - Captain Falcon: Falcon Kick returns double jump
- Corrin: dash cancel Dragon Fang Shot
- Chrom: Soaring Slash cancel into special fall via shield press, jump out of Double Edge Dance fourth high swing on hit, aerial Double Edge Dance stall
- Dark Pit: Fast fall and land cancel Silver Bow shot, cancel Power of Flight early via shield press,
- Falco: Jump cancel Shine on hit, fast fall and land cancel Blaster
- Fox: Jump cancel Shine, fast fall and land cancel Blaster
- Game & Watch: Land cancel Chef, double jump out of parachute during Fire - Ganondorf: Wizard's Foot returns double jump
- Greninja: Dash cancel Water Shuriken - Hero: Dash cancel Frizz and Frizzle
- Ice Climbers: Spotdodge and Roll desyncs, Nana actionable during throws
- Ike: Drift during sword toss of Aether, jump cancel Quick Draw
- Incineroar: Cross Chop cancel into special fall via shield press
- Isabelle: Lloid Trap activation jump cancel, Fishing Rod startup shield cancel - Ivysaur: Airdodge cancel Razor Leaf
- Joker: Fast fall Gun and Eiha, cancel Wings of Rebellion early via shield press
- Ken: Meter; Airdashing; Land cancel Tatsumaki; Focus attack cancel Tatsumaki (on hit/shield), Shoryuken (on hit/shield), and grounded Hadoken; Magic Series - Moves lower in the following hierarchy can be canceled into higher ones: Jabs -> Tilts/Dash Attack -> Smash Attacks -> Specials; Aerials -> Specials/Jump; Usmash/Utilt -> Jump
- King K. Rool: Cancel Propellerpack rise early via shield press
- Kirby: Final Cutter cancel into special fall via shield press, land cancel Hammer
- Link: Drift around during grounded Spin Attack charge and release
- Lucas: PSI Magnet jump cancels, PK Fire fast fall
- Lucina: Jump out of Dancing Blade fourth high swing on hit, aerial Dancing Blade stall
- Luigi: Double Fireball, Thunderbrand
- Mario: Double Fireball
- Marth: Aerial Dancing Blade stall
- Meta Knight: Activate Dimensional Cape early - Mewtwo: Early Teleport cancel via neutral special press
- Mii Gunner: Land cancel Gunner Missile, jump cancel Echo Reflector and Absorbing Vortex - Mii Swordfighter: Jump cancel Gale Stab
- Ness: PSI Magnet jump cancels, PK Fire fast fall
- Olimar: Cancel Winged Pikmin rise early via neutral special press, airdodge cancel Winged Pikmin
- Pac-Man: Airdodge cancel Bonus Fruit - Palutena: Early Warp cancel via neutral special press - Pichu: Jump cancel Quick Attack landing - Pikachu: Jump cancel Quick Attack landing
- Piranha Plant: Cancel Piranhacopter rise early via shield press - Pit: Cancel Power of Flight early via shield press, jump cancel Upperdash Arm dash and hit - Richter: Dash cancel Cross - Ridley: Drift during Wing Blitz by using control stick, fly left and right during aerial Space Pirate Rush grab by using the control stick and rise by holding shield - R.O.B.: Jump cancel Robo Beam on hit (face hitbox), dash cancel Gyro
- Robin: Airdodge and dash cancel Thunder - Rosalina & Luma: Cancel Launch Star early via shield press
- Roy: Aerial Double Edge Dance stall
- Ryu: Meter; Airdashing; Land cancel Tatsumaki; Focus attack cancel Tatsumaki (on hit/shield), Shoryuken (on hit/shield), and grounded Hadoken; Magic Series - Moves lower in the following hierarchy can be canceled into higher ones: Jabs -> Tilts/Dash Attack -> Smash Attacks -> Specials; Aerials -> Specials/Jump; Usmash/Utilt -> Jump
- Samus: Land cancel Missile
- Sheik: Airdodge cancel Bouncing Fish on hit, shield cancel Burst Grenade startup, jump cancel Vanish reappearance on hit, early Vanish cancel via neutral special press
- Simon: Airdodge cancel Holy Water
- Snake: C4 fakeout via holding special, Walk during grab hold via side taunt buttons
- Sonic: Airdodge out of Spin Dash and Spin Charge jump - Squirtle: Jump cancel Withdraw - Terry: Meter; Dash cancel Power Wave; Dash cancel utilt/ftilt on hit; Jump cancel utilt on hit; Rising Tackle on hit cancel into Power Wave, Burn Knuckle, and Crack Shoot; Burn Knuckle on hit cancel into Crack Shoot and Rising Tackle; Magic Series - Moves lower in the following hierarchy can be canceled into higher ones: Jabs -> Tilts -> Smash Attacks -> Specials; Aerials -> Specials
- Toon Link: Drift around during grounded Spin Attack charge and release
- Wario: Turnaround during Bite throw, drift around during back throw
- Wolf: Jump cancel Shine, airdodge cancel Blaster, act out of Wolf Flash on hit - Yoshi: Jump cancel Egg Roll ending, airdodge out of aerial egg roll
- Young Link: Drift around during grounded Spin Attack charge and release - Zelda: Early Farore's Wind cancel via neutral special press - Zero Suit Samus: Dash cancel Paralyzer
You can view the preview videos in this post for a taste of what you're getting into, with a mountain of more footage here:
Here's a changelog to know how the engine and your main has changed (NOTE: THIS CHANGELOG IS CURRENTLY OUTDATED, WILL BE UPDATED WITH THE CURRENT LIST OF MAJOR CHANGES SOON):
Enjoy schmoovin' around!~