Better Tails AI is a mod for the PC version of Sonic Adventure DX. The mod allow Tails AI to spawn basically everywhere in the game, including: Hub World, Chao Garden, Bosses, Sand Hill and Twinkle Circuit. He will also spawn with a snowboard if you play Sand Hill or Ice Cap (You know, details...) Tails AI also plays a synchronised victory animation with the player one. (Details again, mostly because of Sonic 3 & Knuckles.)
Crowning touch: Tails AI appears with any character! That's right, Fox box will follow Big's journey to catch Froggy!
You can also change the settings to disable Tails AI at some specific place that you don't want.
Reminder, by default Tails appears without taking into account the story plot of the character, if you do not want that, go to the options and set "Story AI" to "true".
Note that during an uncompleted story, Tails will not always spawn because of crash and conflicts. The goal in the future is to reduce that as much as possible. However, he will be present everywhere when a story is completed.
You can check the list where Tails AI doesn't spawn.
- If you are using the PC Disc version: Make sure you have the latest version of SADX Mod Manager downloaded and installed from this link.
- If you are using the Steam version: You need to install PKR's SADX Mod Installer from this link.
- Make sure to extract the Mod Loader's contents into your main SADX folder.
- Once all Mod Loader's files and folders are there, run ModManager and click on 'Install Loader'
- You should now have a "mods" folder in your SADX folder!
- Download the latest version of Better Tails AI and place the entire folder in the mods folder.
- If all the above steps have been done properly, you should be able to run SADXModManager and select Better Tails AI in the list.
- To configure options for Better Tails AI, select the mod in ModManager and click on 'Configure...' to see all the options.
- Clic on Save and play!