I have successfully ported the mod to my Nintendo Switch. I have posted the steps to how I did this in the installation instructions part of the mod page. Now there are a few things to keep in mind here if you are going to attempt to get this working yourself
- I am very new to python and did the best I can. There may be some odd bugs or issues with audio levels, feedback on specific tracks is appreciated.
- I am using a cartridge copy of BOTW. I did not dump the game/edit original files
- I am running the newest version of Atmosphere CFW, but I have tested it with REINX
- I have other mods such as Linkle and armor mods, and have noticed that loading additional content from the SD card in game can substantially increase load times. I have not tested load times with just the music mod, so your individual experience may vary depending on what content you have and speed of your SD card.
- Some tracks, such as the Guardian fight, may sound a little grainy or have substantial loss in quality. I am working on fixing this.
- If you encounter issues, I will attempt to offer some assistance. I cannot help with anyone not using Atmosphere.
Up on youtube is a clip of the new Hetano Village theme. It's a beautiful cover of Outset island from Windwaker composed by Sam Griffin which I find matches the aesthetics of the town perfectly. A link to his video can be found in the description of the Youtube video. https://youtu.be/ysP47d_K4kE
The mod makes use of Jazz inspired tracks for general daytime/overworld, using covers from previous installments of the series, as well as pieces from other games. Nightime and dungeons will have ambient music reminiscent of series such as Metroid, which will aim to capture a similar atmosphere and tone. Combat music will take pieces and inspiration from games like Terraria, Metroid, and Castlevania, which will help to create a more intense atmosphere.
As of right now only a handful of tracks have been altered, but a master list will be uploaded shortly and suggestions are 100% welcome and encouraged. Mod is available as a graphics pack mod for Cemu and as as a regular mod for the Wii U system. Switch implementation is function but somewhat sketchy.
(Proper accreditation can be found under the ownership tab of the page)
Outside island acoustic cover
Author: Sam Griffin
Cover by Amy Turk
Author: Amy Turk
Author: Freddy Cely
-Gaurdian Fight (Overworld)-
Terraria - Boss 1 Orchestra
Athor: Blake Robinson
-Save Select Sound Effect-
Chron Trigger "Mystery" Sound Effect
Author: Yasunori Mitsuda
Song of Healing Bossa Cover
Author: The Consouls
- House Theme -
OoT House Orchestral Remix
Author: Rebeccae Tripp
- Horse Day/Night Themes -
Zelda Cafe Music Cover
Cafe Music BGM Channel
- Hinox Battle -
Resistance and Extermination - Gravity Rush
Author: Kohei Tanaka
- Talus Battle -
The Last Battle - Baldur's Gate
Author: Michael Hoenig
- Goron City -
Goron City Jazz Cover
- Great Fairy Fountain -
Great Fairy Fountain Alto Saxophone Cover
Author: Music by Pedro
- Kakariko Village -
Kakariko Village Link to the Past Big Band Cover
Author: The Consouls
- Shrine Battle -
Chrono Trigger - Battle Theme (Surf rock cover)
Author: 130Grit Sound Studio