Introducing Chao Karate: Buster's Tournament!! With the help of very special individuals, I was able to create my biggest mod yet! This mod features it's own set of textures, over 50 different music tracks, a completely new mode, over 50 different opponents, and much more!
- Download Chao Karate: Buster's Tournament.
- Extract the folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sonic Adventure 2\mods.
- Open SA2 Mod Manager.
- Chao Karate: Buster's tournament should appear in your mod list now. Check it off (may take awhile depending on how much mods you have in your mod list).
- Go to the Codes section. Scroll to the bottom and check off any codes that comes with Buster's Tournament that you would like to enable (See the "Features" section below for a list of codes that come with the mod and what they do.)
- Once you are finished, hit "Save & Play". The game will launch, and Profit! Enjoy the mod!
- Locate C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sonic Adventure 2\mods\Chao Karate Buster's Tournament.
- Open mod.ini.
- Rename "ChaoKarateBustersTournament.lst" to "ChaoKarateBustersTournament.xml".
- Save it, relaunch mod loader.
- FOR OLD MOD LOADER USERS:
Continue to Next Level:
In SA2 Mod Manager, after you've enabled the mod there's a separate optional code you can enable that says "Continue to Next Level". This will allow you to go straight to the next difficulty after completing Round 5 of the current difficulty instead of being booted out of Chao Karate.
e.g: If you beat Round 5 in Rank 1, you will start in Round 1 of Rank 2 immediately.
Enable Fog (Beta):
Thanks to Exant64's help, I was able to load custom stage lights and fogs inside Chao Karate. Upon enabling the mod, there will be another code that says "Enable Fog (Beta)". This will allow fog to load strictly in Extra Mode. There is a different fog per difficulty, which makes for 4 fog colors in total. This labelled as a "Beta" because it can be somewhat glitchy at times. More on this in the "Known Glitches" section.
Anti-Cheat:This Anti-Cheat is not as complex as other Anti-Cheats seen before. It only cares about chao stats this time around. However, due to a very obscure Chao Karate technique called "Speedlocking", any chao who's power is under 400 and run above 1.3k has been banned. For your own safety, it is not recommended you try to break any stat boundaries in this mod.
Those of you who seek more after beating the original mode, and want your all S chao to be put to the test, you can play Extra Mode!! To access this mode, hold L and R in the Chao Cave menu and click on Chao Karate. Just like that, you'll be booted to Extra Mode like magic!
Encore Mode:NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH EXTRA MODE! Encore Mode is a separate optional code that players can enable after beating the original game. It is not nearly as big as Extra Mode and only changes a few bots. No new textures. Rank 4, All-Star and Finale are completely changed in Encore Mode with entirely different bots. The other
difficulties remain untouched with a few easter eggs here and there. Enable this code from SA2 Mod Loader.
1. Chao Animations
Sometimes, certain opponent chao animations will overlap other opponent chao animations. There may be a few chao replicating animations of other chao. I plan on looking into this glitch in the near future.
2. Leftover Fog Upon LossIf you ever lose during a match that has fog, the fog will stay there. It will also change color depending on what difficulty you select. The only way to get rid of the fog is winning a match that has fog or leaving Chao Karate and re-entering.
3. Other(?)While testing, I found myself crashing sometimes at random. I would then relaunch the game and repeat my steps, but I wouldn't crash at that spot anymore. That being said, you may end up crashing rarely during certain spots in Chao Karate. If this happens to you, please debug it and show it to me or repeat your steps to me exactly and I will do my best to fix it.
A HUGE thanks to Mindacos, he supplied me with every single Chao Karate address. I would not be able to construct this mod without the pieces of data he found!
Another HUGE thanks to Exant, everything that's in the DLL of this mod is due to him! He helped me load fog, change the loading order of textures, add ring prizes, and much more!
Of course, I couldn't make a text document like this without crediting the main man himself! He taught me how to load custom tracks, textures and merge files together!