The Official CH4OS Sequel is here!This mod serves as the official sequel and tribute for the original CH4OS: The Unbalance Mod, made by Bagelboyy. In this mod, characters are much more broken than before (and aims to buff some characters that were somewhat underpowered in CH4OS 1.0 and above). This mod will be great for those who liked the original CH4OS mod and for those who would like to troll their friends. If there are any questions or requests, feel free to comment below, PM me or join the official discord.
Join the CH4OS L Alliance! https://discord.gg/9DujCSb
Credit and shoutout for this concept goes to: Bagelboyy, It's Just Charlie, PikaArc and all other original developers of CH4OS if I haven't mentioned you already.
Special Thanks goes to: It's Just Charlie, PikaArc, LevinDawn999, Meli Satana, hAKLE and LordDakor for helping me out with this modpack. More thanks to RunNGun and the Brawl U development team for letting us implement Meta Knight's Up-B prototype glide that is featured in their Brawl U mod (added in v0.8). Also the other skin and outsourced mod developers in credits (If I missed you, please let me know).
Current version: (v1.1)
See Alternate File Sources for real download as the main download only contains logos/images. The mod file is too big to be hosted on GameBanana.
- Q) How broken is this?
- A) Oh gee... Let's say beyond the concept of broken. It is even more broken and ludicrous than all versions of the original CH4OS was. This is unbalanced on a whole other level... or you could say that it makes CH4OS 0.5, 1.0 and 1.5 combined look balanced. This mod is designed to surprise you!
- Q) Can you nerf this? It's too broken
- A) Nope... sorry... enough said. Nerfing and balance doesn't exist for main version. Certainly, for tournament version.
- Q) How is this different than the original CH4OS?
- A) CH4OS: L for LEG4CY pays special tribute to Bagelboyy's original CH4OS mod. As mentioned before, you'll find that the new CH4OS (this one) is even more broken and whacky than ever before and it does NOT do what CH4OS 1.0 and 1.5 tried to do; nerf broken characters (from 0.5) to make it balanced (sorta like TR4SH). More notably, there are several machanic changes that were brought back from past smash games (i.e. hitstun cancelling from Brawl, dash dance and crouch cancel from Melee, shield depletion rate from Smash 64 etc.) while keeping most from Sm4sh. Expect even more custom music and skins in the future.
- Q) Is this Wi-Fi/Online Safe?
- A) Only on For Friends mode and you would all need the exact same version of this mod. e.g. There will be issues if you have v0.5 release if your friend has v0.5 beta or v0.4.
- Q) I'm an EU user but I always get an infinite loading screen before I even get to the CSS.
- A) If your Wii U console's language is set in a different one (e.g. Italian, German, French etc.), try changing the default to English. This may fix the problem.
- Q) Will there ever be a CH4OS (or rather, CHAO5) for the Switch?
- A) When Smash Ultimate modding becomes a thing, I'd be interested in making a CHAO5 for the Switch! It may be a while before that happens though...
- DO NOT worry about Dedede's Up-Air crashing the game as seen in Ninkendo's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ--tbwyf18&t. This is a CH4OS 1.5 issue which won't happen in this mod. This mod doesn't use any files from CH4OS 1.5. Their video indeed used this mod's logo but instead showed CH4OS 1.5 (which was made by Bagel, NOT me) gameplay.
- This mod indeed uses the concept of CH4OS but breaks even more balance and overdoing keeping the broken aspect. I am NOT affiliated with Bagelboyy although he doesn't mind us making the sequel.
- This mod uses the files that were extracted and recycled from CH4OS 1.0 Unpacked and re-edited by myself using Sm4shCommand and Sm4shexplorer to make them broken. The mod also uses the graphic design, UI etc. of CH4OS 1.0.
GAME AND CHARACTER CHANGES SO FAR:
- Hitbox and Fighter Common SFX has reverted to using Smash 4's instead of how CH4OS used Melee's.
- Shields deplete even slower when held like in Smash 64 (7.8 to 3.75 depletion per sec.)
- Brawl hitstun canceling returns! (Air dodge on frame 13, Aerial on Frame 25 to act out of hitstun just like in Brawl)
- Chain-grabbing is back!
- Rage Effect slightly increased - (1.15x to 1.225x max multiplier, 150% to 165% max ceiling)
- Added some Custom Music (45 songs)
- Melee Dash-dancing (Dash dance like there's no tomorrow!)
- Default setting set to 5 stock instead of 3
- NEW! Added More Skins
- The CSS and in game HUD now correctly spells "Diddy Kong" instead of "Diddy Knog"
- The Damage "%" HUD colour now goes from white to green before yellow.
- Updated Title Screen
- Stale-Move Negation removed (though the freshness bonus is retained)
- Global Knockback increased (2500 to 5000). This is virtually unnoticeable unless you somehow manage to slow the game down.
Official Changelog: (Coming Soon)
More changes coming soon... hopefully...
CURRENT EXTRA CUSTOM MUSIC count: 54 songs