Here is a breakdown of what the respective files do:
This file maxes out any stat (Stamina, Vehicle Skills, Weapon Skills etc) by doing the action just once. Firing one Pistol bullet for example, will maximize the Pistol Skill stat. The only exceptions are Muscle, Fat, and Gambling. Muscle will maximize after a few minutes of physical activity. Gambling and Fat systems are not modified. Note - This makes the various vehicle based challenges (BMX, NRG-500, etc) much easier.
Added missing commas for the Cheetah and Slamvan's data lines that prevented one colour from showing up for each. Fixed an entry for the Moonbeam from 117,227 to 117,117 as there are only 126 defined colours. Reversed a duplicate entry for the Flatbed to create a new colour. Variant vehicles (Beater Glendale, Beater Sadler, Lure Rancher etc) have their colours reversed to distinguish them from their base models. Added extra colours for various vehicles. Removed any colours over eight, as this is the maximum amount of supported colours per vehicle.
cargrp.dat [Requires vehicles.ide]
This is one of the two main files in this modification. Adds various rare vehicles to normal traffic. Care has been taken to place the new vehicles in logical traffic groups. Certain vehicles have been moved or removed from their old groups. All groups are limited to a maximum of 20 vehicles (maximum read by the game is 23 per group) to prevent omissions. All groups are ordered alphabetically or counter-alphabetically to ensure all vehicles spawn somewhere or the other. Gangs also have added vehicles to their list of gang vehicles. Vehicles that are spawned by the game as emergency response or patrols (Barracks, Fire Truck, Predator etc) aren't included in free roam traffic to avoid any potential conflicts.
The specific changes can be verified by opening the file with NotePad. The entire changelog significantly inflates this description. Here's a short-list of rare vehicles and where they will spawn.
- Rich Areas - Bloodring Banger and Hotring Racer.
- Transitional ('Prostitutes' and 'Criminals') - Buccaneer, Hustler, Manana, Oceanic, Slamvan and Tornado.
- Poor Areas - Romero Hearse.
- Industrial Areas - Berkley's Van and Dumper.
- Business Areas - FBI Truck, Euros and Uranus.
- Airports - Feltzer, Merit, Securicar and SWAT Van.
- Airport Runways - Dozer and Fire Truck (Ladder).
- Clubbers - Hotring Racer B, NRG-500 and Phoenix.
- Entertainers (Las Venturas only) - Same as Clubbers, except Hotring Racer A instead of B.
- Beaches and Parks - Hotdog, Monster Truck and Rancher (Lure).
- Golfers - Kart and Mower.
- Rural Areas - Bandito, Dune Truck, Glendale (Beater), Hotknife, Monster Truck A, Patriot, Quad Bike, Sadler (Beater) and Sandking.
- Desert Areas - Same as Rural Areas, except Monster Truck B instead of Monster Truck A.
- Boats - Launch, Skimmer and Vortex.
Following is the list of gang cars:
- Ballas - admiral, bravura, buffalo, coach, firela, freeway, huntley, majestic, nebula, pcj600, pizzaboy, pony, primo, rdtrain, stafford, stretch, tahoma, utility, washing, yosemite.
- Grove Street Families - bf400, bike, boxville, burrito, bus, cadrona, feltzer, flatbed, glenshit, greenwoo, intruder, landstal, merit, patriot, picador, savanna, sentinel, towtruck, voodoo, wayfarer.
- Los Santos Vagos - bandito, bloodra, bobcat, duneride, elegant, esperant, hermes, hotrinb, kart, monsterb, mrwhoop, oceanic, phoenix, rancher, rumpo, sanchez, tornado, vincent, willard, windsor.
- Varrios Los Aztecas - banshee, bfinject, boxburg, broadway, glendale, hermes, hotknife, hotrina, hustler, mesa, monstera, mtbike, petro, premier, quad, remingtn, rnchlure, sandking, slamvan, yankee.
- San Fierro Rifa - blade, blistac, camper, club, comet, dft30, emperor, faggio, fortune, journey, linerun, monster, mule, packer, regina, sabre, sadler, stallion, sunrise, topfun.
- Da Nang Boys - benson, bmx, buccanee, cement, clover, dozer, dumper, forklift, hotdog, manana, moonbeam, peren, previon, romero, sadlshit, solair, tampa, trash, virgo, walton.
- Triads - alpha, bullet, cheetah, elegy, euros, fbitruck, fcr900, flash, hotring, infernus, jester, newsvan, nrg500, securica, stratum, sultan, supergt, turismo, uranus, zr350.
Fixed the cost of Bloodring Banger to $30000 from $500 (Glendale is $20000 for reference). Certain heavy vehicles capped to 110 Km/h have their speed increased by +10 Km/h (120 Km/h).
The costs of some weapons and armour have been readjusted.
- Pistol - Cost $500 / Ammunition 60 Rounds.
- Silenced Pistol - Cost $1000.
- Desert Eagle - Cost $2500 / Ammo 25.
- Pump Shotgun - Cost $1500 / Ammo 30.
- Sawn-off Shotgun - Cost $2000 / Ammo 30.
- Combat Shotgun - Cost $4000 / Ammo 30.
- Uzi - Cost $1500 / Ammo 150.
- Tec-9 - Cost $2000 / Ammo 150.
- MP5 - Cost $3500 / Ammo 150.
- AK - Cost $4500 / Ammo 150.
- M4 - Cost $5000.
- Country Rifle - Cost $3000 / Ammo 45.
- Sniper Rifle - Cost $6000 / Ammo 30.
- Grenade - Cost $1000 / Ammo 10.
- Satchel Charge - Cost $5000 / Ammo 5.
- Armour - Cost $500.
This file is required to get the rare vehicles to spawn. This file mainly changes the 'Class' of the rare vehicles from 'Ignore' to 'Normal' in order to bypass the restrictions on them spawning normally in traffic. The pre-defined spawning frequencies have not been altered. Therefore, some rare cars with a frequency of 1/10 don't spawn as often in traffic. This includes the Hotring Racers and Bloodring Banger.
The damage and/or ammo count of various weapons have been re-balanced. The maximum and lock-on ranges of all weapons have been significantly increased. The increased range by itself makes gunfights rather hard. This makes taking over gang territories and Vigilante especially challenging. The Country and Sniper Rifles use their otherwise unused 'Hitman' skill level attributes instead of 'Gangster' - strafing is much quicker with the Country Rifle and CJ will not lower the Rifle while strafing.
- Pistol - Range 70 Units / Ammo 18 / Damage 30 HP.
- Silenced Pistol - Range 80 / Ammo 12 / Damage 75.
- Desert Eagle - Range 90 / Damage 150.
- Pump Shotgun - Range 80 / Damage 195.
- Sawn-off Shotgun - Range 70 / Damage 195.
- Combat Shotgun - Range 90 / Ammo 8 / Damage 160.
- Uzi - Range 70 / Damage 25.
- Tec-9 - Range 80 / Ammo 40 / Damage 25.
- MP5 - Range 90 / Damage 35.
- AK - Range 120 / Ammo 40 / Damage 40.
- M4 - Range 140 / Ammo 30 / Damage 40.
- Country Rifle - Range 999 / Damage 100.
- Sniper Rifle - Range 999 / Damage 200.
- Flame Thrower - Range 20 / Ammo 75.
- Rocket Launchers - Range 100.
- Minigun - Range 999 / Ammo 750.
Other Recommended Mods
Some of the other mods that I recommend to go with this mod pack are:
Silent Patch - https://cookieplmonster.github.io/mods/gta-sa/ [For compatibility and stability issues on modern operating systems, along with a host of major and minor bug fixes. Refer the mod for more details].
Transfender Fix - http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=35 [Enables a lot more vehicles to be modified at Transfenders, including motorcycles. Use the Transfender in Los Santos for modifying motorcycles as the ones in San Fierro and Las Venturas glitch out and trap the player on the roof if used for motorcycles.].
The saved games included are played on the data files included here as 'proof-of-concept'. Certain rare cars are saved in garages acquired via storyline (FBI Truck in Ganton, etc). This was also to playtest the difficulty of gunfights, to ensure it isn't too hard or impossible to do any missions. Certain missions (eg. Body Harvest) and tasks (Gang Warfare) do become much more difficult than before. No cheats, hacks or trainers were used in the making of these saves. These saves were made on a version 1.0 (retail) main.scm and script.img files and are not compatible with other versions.
Here's the backup for the original Data folder of GTA San Andreas - http://www.gta-center.com/area_download/index.php?...
My GTA III Pack - https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/7578
My GTA VC Pack - https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/7579