-Kamehameha Kaio-Ken will no longer be a multi hit that drags you offstage. It will now deal 28% and kill around 75-85%
-Air Up Special Kaio-Ken will no longer be cancellable. It will now give you more momentum at the cost of Kaio-Ken. This change aim to make Goku's recovery more linear and possible to punish.
-Animation added on Side Special in order for both players to be able to track his location.
-Removing KBG from foward throw. This throw is not intended to kill even if performed at the edge. It is meant to position your opponent in a disadvantageous position offstage or create a tech-chase situation on stage.
Interested in helping us balance Goku? Join our Discord server here: https://discord.gg/68kXwhV Since we did not create the map, skin and voice-pack, they are not included in the download. Here's when you can go get them: Map: https://gamebanana.com/maps/192274 (Made by: Pokerus10) Skin and voice-pack: https://gamebanana.com/skins/149268 (Made by: KTH) Side taunt activate Kaio-Ken! When Kaio-Ken is active, it passively increase Goku's power and it can be consumed to dramatically increase the power of one attack. Activating Kaio-Ken will deal 20% to Goku. Here's the list of moves that consume it: Side taunt: Release Kaio-Ken to deal 20% all around Goku. Down Special: At full charge only, kamehameha will be unblockable, bigger and stronger. Up Special: Won't put you vulnerable after performing from the ground. In the air you will instead gain increased momentum to help your recovery. Neutral Special: Flurry of blow will be harder to SDI out and deal 2 times it's normal damage. Down Smash: Ki balls will be bigger and stronger. Up Smash: 3rd hit will hit harder and kill early. Side Smash: Slide further and hit harder.
lol one more feedback after further use. gokus kaio-ken full charge kahmehameha kills at 0 percent so the knockback needs to be alot less or make the charge much longer. also his forward throw needs to be the original since it is a cheap and easy kill since he can throw off stage and kill because its to low for a person to recover.
oh one last thing. his side B needs a way to track his location wile in use for both players. example is greninja he has a similar move but his shadow is a way to track him. maybe try this or ad a small effect on his location
i will say this before my full comment so you know that it is only from a place of appreciation and that is that i think it is awesome that you are consistently working and updating this mod and taking feedback in such a way that it feels like you listen. that being said this mod still needs work such as balancing he is a little to strong with most his attacks even before kaio-ken. maybe lower his % dealt with his attacks a little. I do agree that he should not be able to act out of up special unless in kaio-ken. his N Special is still to spamable and something needs to change i think he needs end lag on it would help. Also i think the finish of his up B needs to not meteor at an angle, its a cheap finish that can promise a kill at 60% how about making it meteor down instead other than that i think others have addressed the other problems. keep up your awesome work. i am positive that your moveset mod will be the definitive goku for smash 4!
i have tried the moveset and other than kamehameha GFX and afew of the stuff its not just yet a 10/10 moveset but changed my rating still from 2/10 to 4/10 the animations is the mods biggest flaw for sure like down-smash is clearly based on something like this:
but his Body/Arms is not like that
and kamehameha like moves Should always be on N-B and a move like yours N-B is more of a Side-B type of move but 1 thing i like on this moveset that i might take into my own goku moveset is making kamehameha diagonal downwards in Air (maybe)
it is hard to give this a high rating becuase of problems like this moves that is all over the place think if nintendo in smash5 made Marios Fludd a side-B and his cape a up-B and his recovery a down-B thats kinda how yours Goku feels like and thats just the special attacks
and 1 thing i still say people are still bias with this mod becuase its based on Goku it most be a 10/10 people should rate the quality of the mod not what the mod is based on even seeing comments on mods like: Hey thats my fav. charater Instant 10/10 rated while the skin(as a example) dont even have expressions,metal model, and not even rigged good and sadly this mod became a good example of this conpect so its nothing against you/the mod since its a problem in other mods too even more reason for this mod/ other mods based on popular charaters should not be released too early this count for every mod but even more for popular charaters like this
Well. At least the Kamekameha looks like what it's supposed to. But the point of a recovery is to be - well, a recovery. Having him be able to act out of it is fine by me, but a SECOND UP SPECIAL CAN BE PERFORMED?! That's unbalanced! You can't just let Goku up special twice or more! He would have Brawl Meta Knight levels of recovery. Instead, only give him ONE up special per use, while you can use the aerials. Simple, eh?
Oh and, apparently you stole animations from Dr. Flux. Please remove them if you have. If not, I apologise, but the flag stays.
This is awesome man! 9/10 i would have kaioken take like 2% to 8% damage while he's in that mode every few seconds...so it can have more realistic feel other than that...everyone involved in this project definitely kicks ass!????????
Animations is not that good effects is not good the effects for kamehameha could have being like this(super simple/easy done infact): https://twitter.com/DoctorFlux/status/843582699566780417 but its not kamehameha Not on N-B weird Side-B learn how to edit MSC or Goku is just too advance to make a moveset of same for vegeta but lucky im porting my brawl movesets + improving them
people are just rating this based on the Charater the mod is based on Not rating based on the mod itself so kinda why people are bias for XXXXX charater so even if XXXX mod of that charater is bad they somewhat think the mod is good
1) Side Taunt: change that to either Mewtwo's or Lucario's taunt. As both have a DBZ-esque Ki taunt
2) Back Air: I think Samus's Back air would be a better fit
3) F Smash: Change to Samus F smash, can even rig the hand to open up, to release a focused ki wave
4) Up Air: Falcon's up air would fit better. Based off of SSF2 goku's up air
5) Up smash: Mii Brawler's up smash
6) Forward Air: Polish the animation, it looks like ZSS's Fair but i could be wrong. Though Mii Brawler Fair would be better. It's a bit slower, but the hits linger a tad bit more, especially the second hit of fair. Which can be used for horizontal juggles, as well as a decent move air to ground chains.
7) Down Smash: Use Sheik's Down Smash, a nod to dragon ball Z. In which, goku can be seen doing a breakdance like move a number of times.
8) Jumping Anim: Sheik's animations dont fit well, might want to use Falcon's. Same can be said for running and dash animations.. Until custom animations are made. Keep in mind that dash animations affect movement. (i.e. Extended Dash Dancing and Perfect Pivots)
9) Back Throw: If it isn't already make it Mario Back throw. Closest thing to dragon throw. F Throw: Fox/Falco or Ganon/Falcon animation D Throw: Mii Gunner/ Falco/ Ganon// either one of the three would be better
10) F Tilt: (Weak) Falcon F Tilt/ (Strong) Ganon F Tilt
Neutral: Should be Kamehameha, should take longer to reach max charge. Somewhere in between Corrin Dragon Shot, and Samus Charge Shot.
Down: Use Lucario Down Smash animation, Chargeable move, decently sized single hit move, KO power Makeshift Ki Blast Wave
Side: Polish animation make distingishable. Have no idea what it's supposed to be.
Ah, and moves are in dire need of balancing. Damage output is too high.
I feel as though Goku should have more focus on being an aerial fighter. Hence better air attacks, complimented by okay grounded moves. Should have an average ground speed. To compensate for better air speed, and control. Might want to see if you can possibly give Goku a float mechanic as well.
So, I downloaded this moveset, and while it is indeed a great moveset, I have some complaints.
1. Neutral-B is super spammable. You can just keep rapid pressing B and you'll just keep going with the flurry of blows. Opponents get trapped in this easily.
2. Kaio-ken might be a bit too powerful. It costs basically nothing to have it active, so there's no reason to not have it up at all times. The boost it gives to Neutral-B is also way too powerful.
3. Kamehameha is honestly just really overpowered. If you fully charge it (which only takes a couple of seconds, meaning it could easily be done in the heat of battle), it does up to 75% and, as far as I can determine, one-hit kills pretty much everything.
4. Some of the animations need touching up, but that's just a nitpick.
5. Side smash might be a bit too powerful? Maybe it's just me, but it feels really easy to kill with that move.
Like I said, it's a really good moveset. It's just got a few problems that really hold back how enjoyable it can be.