- Standard Attack: The first two hits now deal fixed knockback, and less ending lag, while the looping hit executes slightly faster. As for the final hit, its knockback growth is a bit stronger, and it can now clang with other attacks.
- F-tilt: The attack now deals up to 10% damage, and has a better base knockback value. It also has a 50% trip rate. KOs Mario on stage centers at around 177% damage.
- U-tilt: Knockback values have been altered, along with the knockback angle. Ending lag is also shorter. KOs Mario at around 153% damage if both hits connect.
- D-tilt: The attack no longer has any sourspots, and deals 12% damage. Knockback values have also been altered. KOs Mario at around 152% damage.
- Dash Attack: Damage and knockback values have been changed, along with the knockback angle. The clean hit can KO Mario at around 169% damage, while the late hit KOs Mario at around 232% damage.
- F-smash: The clean hit now deals 16% damage, and can clang with other attacks. The late hit deals 12% damage, but can't clang. KOs Mario on stage centers at 102% damage when clean, and 140% damage when late.
- U-smash: Knockback statistics have been altered, while maintaining the final damage output of 16%. The first hit now deals fixed knockback, and the knockback strength depends on how quickly Falco hits his target. KOs Mario at around 118% damage if he's on the ground.
- D-smash: No more sourspots, and the attack has a higher KBG value. It no longer has a trip rate, however, as the knockback angle prevents tripping from ever occurring. KOs Mario on stage centers at around 130% damage.
- N-air: The attack's four hits can now connect more easily, as the 3rd and 4th hits become active sooner. Attack deals up to 12% damage if all 4 hits connect. KOs Mario on stage centers at some point after 150% damage.
- F-air: The attack's frame duration has been altered, and enables Falco to deliver up to 7 hits. Deals up to 14% damage if all 7 hits connect, and it KOs Mario on stage centers at some point after 125% damage. The landing hitbox also receives changes to its knockback angle and BKB.
- B-air: While the KBG has been nerfed, the BKB is stronger to make up for it. While the clean hit still deals 13% damage, the late hit now deals 8% damage. KOs Mario on stage centers at 130% damage when clean, and 206% damage when late.
- U-air: The attack now executes faster, and deals 12% damage. Knockback values and the knockback angle has also been altered. KOs Mario at 130% damage if he's on the center Battlefield platform.
- D-air: The attack's start-up lag has been drastically reduced, and it now hits at around frame 4. It also operates differently in that instead of a single strong hit, it deals multiple weak hits, followed by a stronger hit that's also a meteor smash. The meteor smash hitbox is not as strong as that of the unedited d-air though. Deals up to 14% damage if all the hits connect. A landing hitbox has also been added, which deals 3% damage and decent knockback.
- F-throw: The punch before the throw deals 8% damage, while the throw deals 2% damage. Knockback values are also changed, enabling the attack to KO Mario on stage edges at some point after 160% damage.
- B-throw: Falco now throws fighters at a slightly higher angle than before, and the laser shot now deals 4% damage. KOs Mario on stage edges at some point after 120% damage if he also gets hit by the laser.
- U-throw: The throw now deals 6% damage, and has stronger knockback statistics. The laser deals 4% damage. KOs Mario at 172% damage if he also gets hit by the laser after the throw.
- D-throw: The laser now deals 4% damage, while the throw deals 2% damage. Fighters are sent flying at a lower angle, and Falco can now perform follow-ups more easily if his grabbed opponent has low damage. KOs the latest of all of Falco's throws, often not able to KO Mario until his current damage is over 235%, and he's positioned near stage edges.
- Blaster: The lasers now deal 4% damage, but are still only able to deal fixed knockback.
- Falco Phantasm: Knockback is now stronger for the ground attack, along with the aerial attack if it hits grounded fighters. The meteor smash hitbox also deals 7% damage, along with stronger knockback, but is less potent when compared to the d-air's meteor smash hitbox. The ground attack KOs Mario at 252% damage.
- Fire Bird (charge): While charging the attack, fighters will take multiple hits that deal 0.5% damage if they come too close to Falco. The charging animation can still be interrupted by most attacks, and some fighters can even bypass the charging hitbox with their grabs. The charging hitbox can deal up to 20 hits (almost the whole duration of the charging animation), adding up to 10% damage, but the knockback is fixed.
- Fire Bird (attack): The main attack now traps fighters more easily, and deals up to 10 hits, adding up to 14% damage. KOs Mario at 147% damage if all 10 hits connect. Strangely, while I was testing this move, some fighters couldn't be fully trapped by the attack if it's used on the ground. But if Falco goes airborne, he can fully trap those fighters as well. Curiously, when I tested the ground attack against Marth and Lucina, even though Lucina is a Marth clone, she's surprisingly more vulnerable to the grounded Fire Bird than Marth, who somehow breaks free after taking 5 of the 10 hits.
- Reflector: The attack now deals 6% damage, and slightly better knockback. It's still not all that viable as a KO move, as it can't KO Mario on stage centers until he has 821% damage, but to compensate for that flaw, the trip rate is now set to 50%.
- Explosive Blaster: The energy blast can now deal minor damage before exploding, but it still can't cause flinching, and it can now be absorbed, especially by Ness's PSI Magnet and Rosalina's Gravitational Pull. The explosion itself is much more viable at making KOs, being about to KO Mario at some point after 185% damage if the explosion's 5 hits all connect.
- Falco Phase: While this move still can't deal any damage, its ending lag has been reduced drastically (it now ends sooner than the other variants of Falco Phantasm), making it much more efficient as a recovery move, and a way to escape pressure. Falco still loses all momentum if he ends this move in the air, but the ending lag reduction makes that flaw heavily redundant.
- Fast Fire Bird: The attack is still very weak in the damage department, dealing only 2% damage. However, its knockback is now stronger, enabling it to KO Mario at 221% damage.
- Accele-Reflector: The attack only deals 3% damage (0.5x Reflector's damage output), but it has a 100% trip rate to make up for it. The move can't KO at realistic damage percentages. In fact, it can't even KO Mario on stage ledges until his current damage is set to 988%.
- Burst Blaster: The lasers still can't cause flinching, but its damage output has been altered, dealing 3% damage at very close range, but as the laser travels farther from Falco, the damage output decreases to 2% (starting at frame 3), followed by 1% (starting at frame 6).
- Falco Charge: Falco now gains super armor while dashing, and it ends when he stops moving. Damage and knockback have also been altered, with the clean hit dealing 14% damage, and the late hit dealing 5% damage. Also, thanks to the super armor addition, the attack no longer clangs, enabling Falco to damage his opponent without any fear of being interrupted outside of grab moves. The clean hit KOs Mario on stage centers at 119% damage, but the late hit can't make the KO until Mario's current damage is set to 638%. On a side note, the clean hit can now deal high shield damage, but it's not able to shatter full shields.
- Distant Fire Bird (charge): While Falco still can't deal any damage while charging this move, he now gains super armor to compensate for the longer charge time. Only grab moves can interrupt this move, but opposing fighters need to be careful that they don't stay too close to Falco for too long, or else...
- Distant Fire Bird (attack frame 1): On the very first frame of this attack, Falco can deliver a highly powerful hit that deals 20% damage and high knockback. Falco also has super armor during the first frame, and the attack can't clang, so he can't be interrupted by any means outside of grab moves. KOs Mario as early as 53% damage (the strongest attack in Falco's arsenal), and it also deals massive shield damage that can shatter even full shields. It's not quite as mighty as Little Mac's KO Uppercut, or as damaging as a clean hit from Luigi's Super Jump Punch, but you still don't want to end up in the crossfire of this attack.
- Distant Fire Bird (attack frame 2+): Starting on frame 2, the attack portion of Distant Fire Bird becomes less powerful, and loses the super armor. The late hit deals 14% damage, much like with Fire Fox's clean hit, but it KOs a bit later than Fire Fox's clean hit, KOing Mario at 172% damage. The late hit can also clang, so it can't be stopped so easily by weaker attacks, such as Dr. Mario's Dr. Tornado. However, this attack's inability to deliver multiple hits does mean that it's unsafe to use against shields, but the late hit does deal decent shield damage itself.
- Reflector Void: The attack now deals 12% damage (2x Reflector's damage output), but the KBG had to be weakened to an extent. KOs Mario at 200% damage, so it's still more viable at making KOs than the other Reflector variants.
With that said, while I'm not a competitive player, these changes to Falco might help him be a much more viable fighter than before, and maybe even become a B-tier contender, if not A-tier.
Note: This hack does not affect Falco's mechanics or attributes.
Many months have passed since I've uploaded this Falco moveset hack, and he never saw any kind of updates. But now, he finally has an update that modifies his attacks even further. The most notable changes include the following...
- Neutral Attack: The ending lag periods for the first two attacks have been adjusted. Additionally, after landing the second hit, Falco can transition over to the infinite much sooner if the player holds the attack button. This results in the player no longer having to tap the attack button to get the infinite executed faster.
- Neutral Attack (infinite): The knockback angle for the infinite's hitbox has been lowered a bit. Additionally, the ending hit has less ending lag than before.
- U-tilt: The first hit of the attack is now weight independent.
- D-tilt: The attack now uses a single extended hitbox, and has better KBG. It can now KO Mario at 134% damage.
- F-smash: Falco's arms now receive a brief intangible period while this attack is executed. The clean hit and late hit also receive a stronger BKB value. As a result, the clean hit can KO Mario on an Omega form stage center at 99% damage, while the late hit makes the KO at 136% damage.
- U-smash: Fixed up the first hit so that the clean and late hits are both weight independent. Additionally, two of the first hit's hitboxes have been merged into one. Leg intangibility has been tweaked along the way.
- D-smash: Leg intangibility duration has been adjusted. The hitboxes also receive stronger BKB, enabling them to KO Mario on an Omega form stage center at 118% damage.
- N-air: Removed some unnecessary hitboxes, and adjusted the frame speed at some areas. Ending lag is shorter as well.
- F-air: The looping hitboxes now rehit every 2 frames, but receive a nerf to their damage output, with each hit dealing 0.5% damage. Deals up to 13 hits, adding up to 14% damage. Lastly, the ending lag is shorter.
- B-air: Adjusted the duration of the clean hit and late hit. The clean hit now lasts for 3 frames, while the late hit's frame period is now 7-20. Some frame speed adjustments had to be made along the way.
- Grab: Falco can now grab fighters as early as frame 6 with his stationary grab. The ending lag is a bit shorter as well.
- D-throw: The laser and throw now send fighters flying at a 70 degree angle, making it easier for Falco to perform a follow-up. The ending lag also gets reduced. KOs Mario at 373% damage if he's hit by the laser before being thrown.
- Blaster: The lasers now travel a greater distance. They will disappear after 90 frames have passed.
- Falco Phantasm: The illusion's hitbox is now larger. Also, while the ground attack sends fighters flying at an 80 degree angle, the aerial attack is now a guaranteed meteor smash, even on ground targets. The aerial attack's meteor smash hitbox can KO Mario at 373% damage if he's on the ground.
- Fire Bird: Adjusted how frequently the looping hitboxes rehit. Beginning on frame 3, the looping hitboxes can rehit every single frame, but their damage output has been reduced to 0.5% damage per hit. The first hit on frames 1 and 2 deals 1% damage, while the hit on frame 19 still deals 5% damage. By increasing the rehit rate, Falco can pretty much trap any fighter, regardless of if he's on the ground or in the air. The whole attack deals up to 18 hits, adding up to 14% damage. Also, when Falco enters a helpless state, his air mobility reduction has been made less severe, being set to 0.8x. Lastly, landing lag is now set to 15 frames.
- Reflector: The hitbox now becomes active on frame 3, and the attack experiences less ending lag as well. Projectile duration no longer gets reduced, with the multiplier being set to 1x. The reflector still deals 6% damage, and offers a 50% trip rate.
- Explosive Blaster: The flinchless hitbox now rehits every frame, but the damage output has been altered, with the very first hit dealing 0.5% damage, while the remaining hits deal 0.25% damage. The explosion now rehits every 2 frames, with each hit dealing 0.5% damage. The final hit still deals 2% damage. The attack can deal up to 8% damage if the explosion makes 13 hits. Also, if all the hits connect, Mario can get KO'd at 183% damage.
- Falco Phase: Fixed up the move's momentum reduction. Now, Falco maintains some momentum upon ending the move. Combined with the shorter ending lag, it becomes an even more effective recovery move, but it still doesn't deal any damage.
- Fast Fire Bird: Air mobility reduction has been made less severe, and the attack now has the least landing lag of all the Fire Bird variants. Lastly, the hitbox is larger than before.
- Accele-Reflector: Ending lag has been reduced. The reflector still has a limited reflection period, but its reflection capabilities have become much more potent than that of the default Reflector. Reflected projectiles will now deal 1.8x their normal damage (1.5x stronger than Reflector), while their travel speed gets increased by 2.6x (2x faster than Reflector). The reflector itself still deals 3% damage, while also offering a 100% trip rate.
- Burst Blaster: Start-up is slightly shorter. The rate in which the laser's damage output gets decreased has been fixed up as well. Lastly, the lasers last for 30 frames before disappearing.
- Falco Charge: Falco still keeps the super armor period, but the clean hit now has stronger KBG, enabling it to KO Mario on an Omega form stage center at 104% damage.
- Distant Fire Bird: When the clean hit transitions over to the late hit, Falco's super armor will now change into damage-based heavy armor, with the damage threshold set to 5. However, the late hit's hitbox can still clang with other hitboxes, causing Falco to rebound if the opposing hitbox is just as strong. As a result, the heavy armor will only really be noticeable if Falco gets hit by attacks that have transcendent priority. Also, when Falco enters a helpless state, the air mobility reduction is now less severe.
- Reflector Void: Adjusted the attack's ending lag, and made its start-up slightly shorter. The reflector now has stronger KBG, enabling it to KO Mario at 183% damage. Absorbable projectiles are still destroyed by this reflector, but if the projectile isn't destroyed, it will now deal 0.9x its normal damage, and travel at 0.65x its normal speed.
Version 2a Update
Ever since the Wolf PSA got released, I began to wonder if the Landmaster's duration could be extended. But thanks to some information by xOutfoxed and BenArthur_7, I was finally able to increase the duration of Falco's Landmaster to 20 seconds, instead of 12 seconds. Keep in mind, however, that the script data for the Landmaster's hitboxes remains unchanged, so it's still weaker than Fox's Landmaster in the damage department.
Everything else remains the same as in version 2.
Version 2b Update
This update is a very tiny one that focuses on Burst Blaster. The frame periods where the laser's damage output will decrease have been adjusted so that it deals 3% damage on frames 1-6, 2% damage on frames 7-12, and 1% damage on frames 13 and above; previously, the laser's damage output decreased one frame earlier. Keep note that Burst Blaster is still a flinchless attack, so its only real purpose is to build up an opponent's damage (much like with Fox's Blaster).
Everything else remains the same as in versions 2 and 2a.
Version 3 Update
I've recently updated some of Falco's attacks further.
- Neutral Attack: A new variable has been added onto the Attack11 portion of the attack, which enables Falco to transition over to the Attack12 script while the player is holding the attack button, regardless of whether or not the first jab hits anyone.
- D-tilt: The extended hitbox has been split into separate hitboxes. Damage and knockback remain the same, KOing Mario at 134% damage.
- Dash Attack: The attack's hitboxes now activate on frame 6. The clean hit and late hit also receive a small KBG boost, with the late hit's hitbox length being adjusted along the way. The clean hit KOs Mario at 165% damage, while the late hit makes the KO at 226% damage.
- U-smash: All the extended hitboxes have been split into separate hitboxes. Also, the second hit has received a BKB boost, but the KBG has also been weakened slightly. KOs Mario at 113% damage if both hits connect, and Mario is on the ground.
- U-air: Hitboxes now activate on frame 5. Damage and knockback remain unchanged, so it still KOs Mario at 148% damage.
- D-air: Adjusted the start-up period a bit, but the looping hitboxes will still activate on frame 4.
- F-throw: Changed the throw's knockback angle, and increased its KBG. The throw can now KO Mario at some point after 140% damage if he's placed on an Omega form stage's edge.
- Blaster: Increased the fixed knockback strength for the lasers.
- Explosive Blaster: Increased the fixed knockback for the looping hits that activate on frame 28, and gave the final hit's KBG a small buff. KOs Mario at 181% damage if he takes 13 hits, and a grand total of 8% damage.