Keep up against the fastest machines with your favorite character or machine!This is a mod that re-balances the original machines so that they can keep up with the faster custom machines and Fat Shark. Newer players will enjoy the more powerful engine and boosters that match and can even exceed custom boosters, while more advanced players will be able to utilize advanced techniques with many more machines, for example MTSing as fast as Quick Star-G4!
- All original machines now stand a chance against Black Bull, Fat Shark and custom machines in max speed styled play.
- These buffs are also applied to the AI, meaning they are now faster and almost certainly more difficult to win against than before.
- Less often used custom body parts have been given a buff to make them more viable picks.
- A certain few custom body and booster parts are now Legendary Bodies/Boosters. Using them will make your machine go faster than ever before!
2.0 Update Features
Rebalanced and Revamped Custom Parts!All booster parts are now viable and can keep up with Titan-G4 and Thunderbolt-V2. Many body parts now use advanced techniques well while others have their own unique strengths. Cockpit parts no longer have a massive influence on how well a machine turns or strafes. Instead how well a custom machine turns and strafes mainly depends on the body part. You can now fine tune your custom machine to something that perfectly suits your preferences with your cockpit selection without losing out on performance!
Also the Legendary Bodies have been given an upgrade, making them even more absurd, perhaps too good to handle. Also Rage Knight replaces Galaxy Falcon as the lightweight Legendary Body.
The Legendary Custom PartsThe following body and booster parts have been supercharged
- Rage Knight: Similar to Speedy Dragon, but much heavier
- Megalo Cruiser: Heavy, grippy, and can now truly HARDBANGER
- Silver Sword: Easy to use, but weaker in terms of MTSing compared to the other Legendary Bodies
- Punisher -4X: Well rounded booster, similar to Titan-G4
- Hornet -FX: Best speed retention of the three.
- Bazooka -YS: Boasts acceleration that slightly exceeds Fat Shark’s
Redone Staff Ghosts and Grandmaster Staff Ghosts!Staff Ghosts have been updated, they now race with the Unleashed version of the machines, giving players who previously have beaten the staff ghosts in GX a new challenge to overcome. These staff ghosts do not use any techniques at all except for quick turning. The difficulty of them should at most only slightly exceed the toughest staff ghosts from the base GX game.
The Grandmaster Staff Ghosts in comparison will challenge even highly skilled veterans who are ranked highly in the F-Zero Central ladders. You know you have become very good at this game if you manage to beat one of these ghosts.
For those who prefer playing the game without using side attacks, on the courses where the Grandmaster Staff Ghost uses side attacks, there’s a version of it that doesn’t use side attacks.
Story Mode Courses Included!You can create a second version of the mod that includes the story mode courses, staffed with their own Staff Ghosts as well! Here’s the list of the story mode courses and the course they replace
- Chapter 3 (Split Oval: High Stakes Jumps) replaces Split Oval
- Chapter 7 (Mute City: Championship Circuit) replaces Serial Gaps
- Chapter 8 (Underworld: Emperor’s Trial) replaces Trident
- Chapter 9 (Phantom Road: Dimension’s Edge) replaces Slim-Line Slits
Original Machine Buffs, Adjustments and a few Nerfs (For the last time)Most of the machines have been changed in some way. Here are some of the main changes:
- Top speed and boost strength of most machines have been significantly buffed.
- Body strength has been buffed for several machines so they can utilize mines more often
- Weight of most machines have been added on
- Strafe has been increased mainly to allow more machines to have at least a serviceable MTS
- Strafe turn has been increased on some machines to allow them to make much tighter turns in the air (Split Oval anyone?)
New Music!The Main Menu music has been changed up. There are a few other places where the music has changed. I’ll leave those other songs a surprise for you guys. Play the mod and you’ll come across them.
Main Menu Song
2.1 Balance and Rework Update - More Variety!A lot of testing was done to further tighten the balance of the classic F-Zero machines and the custom boosters. Over half of the machines received buffs in varying degrees.
However this update doesn't simply improve the balance. I have reworked some of these machines to make them have a completely unique set of strengths and weaknesses that simply did not exist in earlier versions of this mod and vanilla GX.
The same has been done with Custom Boosters and Cockpits to allow for much more varied results with your custom part selections. There are now very fast boosters, but with heavy speed loss on cornering. A heavy, high acceleration booster, but not as fast speed wise. And a booster that very light, and a fairly low acceleration, but has very high top speed and a strong boost.
Oh, and Silver Rat is no longer intentionally bad. Watch out, he's serious business from now.
Update: I take back what I said, yet again.
More Details and ChangelistThe following link takes you to a library of GX Unleashed resources. It has the 2.1 Change List, the spreadsheet with all of the machine and parts stats, times and videos of the staff ghosts, a more detailed overview of this mod and update and more.
GX Unleashed Resource and Documentation Hub
Also, you can join the F-Zero Nexus Discord group to discuss the mod with others: F-Zero Nexus Invite Link
And there will be a competition for this mod coming up soon, sometime in August 2018. More details to come soon
UPDATE: The competition has begun! If you're interested you can find the details in the F-Zero Nexus Discord group