This is the Smash 4 Training Modpack!
- Choose which version of the modpack you want. Default is the full modpack, and TrainingModeOnly is training-mode-only.
- Both the packed and unpacked versions are available as labeled.
- If you choose a packed version of the default or training-mode-only versions:SDCafiine 1.0: Place the patch folder inside SD:/titleid/SDCafiine >1.1: Place the patch folder inside SD:/sdcafiine/titleid/content/The title id can be found by searching on Google, and varies by region.
- If you choose an unpacked version: Place the contents of the fighter folder into Sm4shExplorer along with whatever other unpacked mods you like and build.
Description of the ModpackThis works in-game, which means you can practice with it in matches, in training, and while watching replays! However, please check if this version is the full pack that does work everywhere or the "TRAININGMODEONLY" version that only has the effects functioning
in Training Mode. Rage is now active in Training Mode for both versions!
The original work was started by Meshima on Gamebanana, and I have sought to finish it by applying the mods to all characters!
Toggle BreakdownFirstly, let's note everything about the toggle functionality.
There is a toggle for each taunt; upon taunting, note the color overlay and text printed above the character to know the current functionality.
Please note that taunts are CANCELLABLE into any move, to make the toggling process much simpler.
- WHITE: NO MODS. All mods are off. Plays as vanilla 1.1.7 smash.
- RED: FULL MODS. Full mods. All hitboxes and overlays are active; other taunts can be used for other actions.
- GREEN: HITBOX VISUALIZATION OFF. Moves look like they do in vanilla smash; side taunt is able to toggle DI, down taunt can toggle mash actions, and the only overlays are for hitstun.
- BLUE: INPUT DISPLAY. Non-hitbox visualization mods work, and the input display is active. This is default for the mod such that it will work during replays. Buttons are shown when pressed: BLUE: Shield; RED: Special; GREEN: Attack; ORANGE: Jump; PURPLE: Grab.
- WHITE: NORMAL DI. DI works as it does in vanilla smash.
- BLACK: CARDINAL DIRECTIONS. Set the DI to a stick angle (shown by an arrow when the taunt is performed). Cycles through all 8 (away, in, down, up, and the combinations)
- MAGENTA: RANDOM DI; RANDOM DI IN/AWAY. Forced on all characters. In one of the cardinal directions above, followed by random only between in and away.
- WHITE: NORMAL SHIELDS.
- CYAN: BUFFER AIRDODGE. When in hitstun, characters will airdodge at the first possible frame. Also will shield out of forced getup.
- PURPLE: BUFFER ATTACK. When in hitstun, characters will attack at the first possible frame. Choose an aerial or special with the side taunt when this taunt is active..
- GREEN: BUFFER JUMP. Right when hitstun ends, characters will jump at the first possible frame.
- BLUE: RANDOM LEDGE OPTIONS. Upon reaching the ledge, characters will perform one of the four ledge options (jump, attack, roll, normal) at random, and shield upon getup.
- ORANGE 1: DAMAGE +10. When this toggle is active, side taunt will increment the opponent's percentage by 10. Use this to practice combos with rage! Note that when active, all characters will show their decimal of percentage when idling.Also lock your own percent with up taunt when this toggle is active. The character who locks their percent will spawn at the locked percent until unlocked with the same uptaunt.
- ORANGE 2: DAMAGE +1. Same as above, but with increments of 1.
- TURQUOISE: INFINITE SHIELDS. Turns off shield regeneration and degeneration. Forces CPUs to hold shield.
- RED: HOLD SHIELD. Forces CPUs to hold shield.
- Down and side taunt will not work in Vanilla mode.
- Up taunt will not work in the training-mode-only version if you are in vanilla smash. (This way you will always be playing vanilla smash no matter what outside of training mode).
- This means that only the training-mode-only version is truly wifi-safe; the full version will cause a desync if someone turns on infinite shields and shields, for example.
- Weapons are not shown in the training-mode-only version, and are untoggleable in the full version.
The key for hitstun overlays is as follows:
- GREEN: Uncancellable hitstun; hit your opponent when they are green, and it's a completely true combo.
- CYAN: Airdodge-cancellable hitstun; during this time, the opponent can airdodge. This is when airdodge 50-50s start.
- MAGENTA: Attack and airdodge-cancellable hitstun; still hitstun, but cancellable both by attacks and airdodges.
Next, let's get acquainted with what all the colors and everything mean:
- Yellow->Red: Normal hitboxes. Yellow means very low damage, orange and colors in between mean damage increasing as the color gets redder, and any hitbox that does 15 or more damage is completely red. This helps with visualizing sour and sweetspots.
- Magenta: Spike hitboxes. Pretty straightforward. Note that some multihit moves have spike-like hitboxes just for linking purposes, so they may never spike. (Check out Pikachu's fair, it's beautiful!! ZSS upsmash is another example.)
- White: Windboxes. Check out Ganon's uptilt.
- Cyan: Detectors for grabs (like Falcon/Ganon up b, Diddy side b) or hitboxes (like Peach side b).
- Green: Grabs. Standing, dash, and pivot.
- Blue SuperScopeBullet: Partial intangibility. See Sheik/Peach/Mac/Mario/.... upsmash, DK's tilts.
Overlays: (for states)
- Blue: Intangibility. Very important for ledge getups and escape options (rolls, spotdodge, airdodge, missed tech options, and jablock getup. Footstool combos!)
- Green: Frames where the player is not active but vulnerable. This is when you can punish! This applies for the two-frame on the ledge as well as landing lag from aerials. Now included is the endlag on all normals!
- Purple: Armor. Either heavy or super.
- Red: Counter frames. (not all counters are currently shown)
Hitbox Visualization Bone IssuesOne VERY important thing to note about this modpack is that NOT ALL MOVES are visualized in this mod. This is due to a bug that unfortunately seems to be unfixable as of now, which has to do with stretched bones. The game attaches hitboxes to "bones"
on the character models, and when animations stretch the bones, the hitboxes stretch as well, giving a false impression of their actual size. These hitboxes were not visualized, and therefore those moves appear as in vanilla 1.1.6. Below is a general
overview of which characters are affected; a full list is in a README included in the download.
Characters that are essentially perfect (35):
- All characters not listed below
- Samus (no neutral b)
- Wii Fit Trainer (no neutral b)
- Bayonetta (second witch twist doesn't show up in TRAININGMODEONLY version for normal play)
Characters with some fixable bugs (1):
- Duck Hunt (Neutral B and Side B)
Characters with very few stretched bone issues (15):
- Bowser Jr. (ftilt, dtilt)
- Wario (tilts, upair)
- Diddy Kong (jab 1 and 2, dtilt, fair, bair)
- Mr. Game And Watch (dtilt)
- Meta Knight (dash attack)
- Fox (dtilt, shine)
- Falco (dtilt)
- Charizard (jab 1 and 2, fair, bair, upair)
- R.O.B. (uptilt)
- Ness (jab 1 and 2, ftilt, dtilt, nair)
- Captain Falcon (jab 1 and 2)
- Villager (jab 1 and 2)
- Pac-Man (jabs, ftilt, fair, bair, upair)
- Sonic (jab 2, dtilt, uptilt, fsmash)
- Lucas (jabs, fair)
Characters with major stretched bone issues (7):
- Mario (jabs, tilts, fair, bair, upair)
- Yoshi (tilts, upair, grab)
- Rosalina (just Luma: jab 3, tilts, aerials except upair)
- Kirby (tilts, fsmash, upsmash, upair)
- Jigglypuff (tilts, smashes, upair)
- Dr. Mario (jabs, tilts, fair, bair, upair)
- Mii Brawler (dtilt, ftilt, fsmash, bair, upair, fair)
Please enjoy! Follow me @jugeeya on Twitter for updates on this, and please join the Discord server if you would like to report a bug or request a feature: https://discord.gg/qU4TBwV