Ready to get XTREME?This is a vehicle stats mod similar to Unleashed. Although this mod takes it a step further and buffs the machines to extreme levels. The end result is crazy fast, brutal, and unfair.
- The top speed average has been brought up to over 1200 km/h for most of the machines, while some machines will be able to reach 1300+.
- Boost power in general has been quadrupled, which brings the average boosting speed up to 2000+ km/h.
- Machine handling & acceleration have been fine-tuned to fit the faster pace of the game.
- Some machines have been radically altered to introduce new gameplay styles & challenges. Some examples are: complete removal of strafing ability, extreme changes to boost duration, removing varying degrees of drag, and more.
- *NEW* Custom Machine Parts have also been altered with changes ranging from "slightly buffed", to "literally broken".
- *NEW* Staff Ghosts upgraded to XTREME Staff Ghosts. They use every trick in the book, so good luck.
Disclaimers / WarningsFirst of all, we can't properly edit the displayed machine stats & weights just yet, so you'll still see the old stats in-game (Custom machines will display the correct weight & settings slider at least).
The times & machine used for the staff ghosts won't be updated either unfortunately. However everything you need to know has been listed in the spreadsheet linked at the bottom of this page.
Some of the more XTREME stat changes will break some machines under certain conditions.
These machines/parts break below 50% settings:
Super Piranha, Green Panther
Metal Shell (body part), Bluster-X (booster part)
This is due to their crazy high drift accel, which allows them to gain speed from drifting at 100% maxspeed (and for maximum drifto, try them at 51%).
I should also note that I balanced things with advanced techniques in mind. In particular Momentum Throttling (MT) is key for many of the ships with lowered drag.
Also, be wary of an (emulator only) glitch that can happen right as your machine lifts off the ground at the start. With certain accel & weights, some machines can potentially instantly die before the race begins. I fixed what I've come across, but if this still happens, please notify me. To get around it, you just need to avoid pressing A until the after race starts (after GO!), or just pick a slightly different setting.
Lastly, just as a general note, this mod is purposely unbalanced. I tried to make everything competitive & fun to use, but there's definitely some outliers. Ultimately if you want balance, go play Unleashed.
What else is in this modAside from the modified machine stats, I gave the main menu a new look & sound to help give the mod a different feel from the base game. I also included files to change the game ID (XFZE01) to differentiate it from the original in Dolphin, or any USB loaders. I included a ready-made save file too, for those that don't want to re-unlock everything.
Machine Stat Changes Sheethttps://goo.gl/1QQLFd
Talk about the mod in the F-ZERO Nexus Discord!in #fzgx-mods: Join Here
G-XTREME ChallengesBeat all Staff Ghosts:
- not beaten...
- AKC12 (Diamond Cup, 385 pts)
- not beaten...
- FighBat (1'51"896)