Title: Gunman's Mod Description: Weapons mod for Doom3: Resurrection of Evil Author: Branislav "Gunman" Jovanovich Filename: gunman_mod_v1.zip Version: 1.2 (update 12-03-2017 by Dafama2k7) Date completed: September 14th 2008. Official release date: October 3rd 2008. Contact: gunman-productions AT hotmail.com
This mod also includes: * Alt-Fire for most weapons (also added an alt-fire keybind option in the mainmenu) * TheRealSceneGraphManager's excellent Chromatic Dispersion Special FX shader * Some new fonts for guis * Custom HUD * Bossbar! (now when you face a boss, the bossbar will appear on the HUD so you can know exactly how much health does the boss have) * Some tweaked D3 and D3XP maps for the bossbar feature to work * Increased player's health, armor and maximum ammo limit * Player can absorb 5 instead of 3 souls for the artifact * Everlasting decals (bloodsplats, bulletholes, etc-) * Everlasting brass (ejected brass does not disappear) * Some additional custom sounds * New intro screen
DEVELOPER'S IMPORTANT NOTE: This mod requires Resurrection of Evil and 1.3 patch in order to work! (Patch 1.3 only! Recently when I tried running this mod along with 1.3.1 patch the mod couldn't load! Instead, it crashed with a message "Wrong Game DLL API version.") Also, the autoexec.cfg file (supplied in this mod) is needed for the mod to work!
Install & play: Extract all files to your Doom3 directory (not base nor d3xp!), run via supplied gunman_mod.bat file (found in the gunman_mod directory) and have fun! Uninstall: Delete gunman_mod directory, simple as that! :)
* Grabber No alt-fire, new textures, has new sounds, new angle, removed the warp effect when holding the object, grabber can hold objects pretty long due to the cvar change entered in the autoexec.cfg file (you can still add new entries in this .cfg file, just don't modify the existing cvars (namely: g_grabberHoldSeconds 100000000, g_grabberEnableShake 0, and g_grabberRandomMotion 0 ) ).
* Fists New sounds Primary fire: left arm punch Alt-Fire: right arm punch
* Pistol Has new sounds, new texture and new angle Primary fire: semi-auto shot (to shoot again, press LMB again) Alt-Fire: 6 bullet burst shot
* Shotgun Custom sounds, attached flashlight, no pump action (exept when reloading), clip size 10 and tweaked texture Primary fire: semi-auto shot (to shoot again, press LMB again) Alt-Fire: launches several bouncing projectiles with bigger damage, can be used for firing around corners
* Double Barrel Shotgun Tweaked sounds a bit and attached flashlight Primary fire: fires one shell at the time with a tighter spread (now you can fire this baby twice in a row :) ) Alt-Fire: fires both shells at the same time with a bit wider spread
* Machinegun Tweaked sounds, also attached a flashlight to it, clip size is 80, new texture Primary fire: standard shot with a low spread, moderate firerate Alt-Fire: faster firerate with a wider spread
* Chaingun New sounds, new gui, faster firerate, continuous fire (no need to reload), no alt-fire (yet, I'm still looking for some evil inspiration *muhahaha* )
* Grenades Custom explosion particle effect, tweaked sounds a bit, added a new animation Quick throw: drops a proximity mine which can be detonated using the RELOAD key (Beware, if you approach the thrown proximity mine too close it will explode in your face, causing you to lose some of your health! So be careful where you throw it) Longer throw: throws a grenade that explodes on impact Alt-Throw: throws a homing (guided, for that matter) grenade which will explode at the nearest enemy
* Plasma Rifle New gui, tweaked textures, clip size 100, new angle Primary fire: standard rapid fire at high rate Alt-Fire: launches a group of more powerful projectiles at wide spread, sorta like a plasma shotgun :) (watch out as it utilizes slightly more ammo!)
* Rocket Launcher Tweaked textures, new sounds, custom explosion particle effect and a new angle Primary fire: standard issue rocket Alt-Fire: launches a grenade that will explode after a few seconds (sorta like a grenade launcher from Quake4)
* BFG-9000 New texture, tweaked reload animation, new sounds, clip size 8, you can now hold the trigger a few seconds longer (4 seconds is good, but 5 is not really recommended). Primary fire: just like the old bfg, a projectile which damages nearby enemies and explodes on impact, only with a changed color of a projectile itself Alt-Fire: DON'T FIRE THIS TOO CLOSE TO YOURSELF! Alt-fire is a powerful electrical discharge that will most likely kill everyone in the close radius of its blastpoint, use caution!
* Chainsaw This mod also includes the chainsaw! >:D Attached a light to it so you can see what monster you are bone-chopping!
* Artifact New sounds, tweaked anims, hell-time lasts longer, artifact can now absorb up to 5 instead of just 3 souls
v1.1 - Added Doom 3 v1.3.1 RoE support, so now is compatible with latest version, but NOT BFG edition. - Added d3xp_damage.def for to be able to attack with the grabber any monster or zombie. - Changed senetemp.mtr for to make the soda machines be brighter ! :D - The weapon Grabber textures have been replaced with the new ones, look cool ! - The player now carries the Grabber weapon by default. - The weapon Shotgun Double is inside every item Backpack. - Added a flash for the "fire" animation on the Flashlight, whaterver it hits someone or not. - Fixed the chaingun script, removed some custom code that may made Doom 3 to crash.
v1.2 - Updated shaders to latest version. - Lowered pistol and machinegun fire sounds, where too high !!! - Changed Rocketlauncher view position and added red point of view pointer and changed its zoom text color to orange. - Enhanced both fire and fire2 for the chaingun weapon, now is spectacular !!! - Now the alternate fire for the machinegun does a bit less spread than before. - Now, the alternate fire for the chaingun fires 4 bullets at once, faster and with more spread. - Added a green point to the chaingun weapon, visible in the dark. - Added a green effect to the BFG weapon, visible in the dark. - Now all flashlights can be toggled from the flashlight, if flashlight is on, all weapons are on and the reverse. - Fixed small bugs.
You may NOT distribute this mod for any profit gain without my clearance. (If you were to distribute this mod for any commercial purpose, then contact me first!) You MAY distribute this mod on any form of digital media (CD, DVD, USB, etc-) as long as it's free of any charge and as long as this readme file is intact. You may NOT use the custom hud and all the hud's features (custom textures and sounds) for your own projects. But, You MAY use other customized stuff from this mod as a base for your own mod (as long as you give me credit where needed).
- Some weapons when pointed at enemies can still trigger them, even tho the enemies haven't been looking directly at the player. - When BFG overcharges, it explodes but it does not inflict any self-damage. - When you try to select the Chaingun using the standard  key, the player will switch to plasma gun instead (for no reason).
Please report all other bugs in this mod to the mailaddy provided above (along with a screenshot (if possible) showcasing the problem).
As_@$_1 for Carnage Mod (original found at www.brokenworldz.fb.bz) Faiakes for Faiakes RoE-Extended 1.3 (doom3.filefront.com/file/;43024) Gunman's Mod is actually based on Faiakes' Mod, so big shout out to Faiakes (and As_@$_1) TheRealSceneGraphManager for excellent Chromatic Dispersion Special FX Doom3World.org the greatest community around. ;) Special thanks goes to Dafama2k7 for his patient waiting for this mod to be released to the public :D idSoftware for making a completely mod-friendly, kick-ass idTech4 engine! And everyone else for downloading and playing my mod!