The Worms mod is a simple addition to Minecraft that gives a chance for worms, grubs or larvae to drop when digging in dirt, breaking cactus, or chopping logs.
The idea seems a little gross at first but it does provide a bit of realism to the game. It only seems natural that creepy crawlies will be found now and then with all the dirt and logs there is to dig through. The gross factor may come in when you realize you can eat these things. They give a low amount of health and saturation back but it’s great in a pinch.
If you want a little extra from these you can cook them in a furnace too. This mod definitely isn’t meant to replace a food source but may help you out if you’re far from a farm or if you simply haven’t started one yet. These guys may just save your life.
- Mod Compatibility: Made a change to the way breaking logs are detected, extending compatibility to other mods. Tested with Biomes O'Plenty and Highlands mods.
- Feature: Added a chance for Cactus Moth Larva to drop from from Cactus. Note: They only drop from blocks you break, not cactus blocks that topple. So if you want to increase the chance of getting larva break the blocks from the top down. You can also cook the larvae.
- Feature: Added Grubs item, and chance for grubs to drop when breaking logs. Enable/Disable, chance, amount configurable in config file.
- Feature: Added ability to cook Worms and Grubs in the furnace to replenish slightly more hunger, improve saturation slightly, and give a minimal amount of xp.
- Change: Tweaked default drop chance for worms and grubs in config options.
- Feature: Added config file support. You may now enable/disable worms, set chance for worms to drop, as well as set min and max amount of worms per drop.
- Bug Fix: I realized there was some code I was testing to cause leaves to have a 50% chance to drop sticks when broken. Removed that code.