Now compatable with v1.5 and Hard Mode!
[It is advised that you start a new game with Survivor installed]
Thanks everyone for supporting and helping us balance this mod.
The Survival mod is intended to make life a little more like a survival game by reducing a lot of factors that make Dying Light too much of an arcade game. Now you'll have to spend more time scavenging parts you need and crafting should mean using your resources wisely.
We have a lot planned to make this a more fleshed out mod, so we'll keep adding content and are happy to implement ideas the community has that would fit the mod.
The newly implemented hunger system means you'll need to find food and water to stay alive in Harran now, not just a big axe!
Lyravega's Weapon Restoration Project within Survivor Mod provides new weapons to use and mod. So expect to see a whole host of weapons available at vendors after level 20!
Here are some of the features we currently have working. Please consider that there are many mods available now that currently do the same or similar, we're all tweaking the same files from data0.pak.
- Increased difficulty: now you'll need to earn more experience to gain the higher level skills. Some skills will require more than 1 point to obtain.
- Increased level cap and experience required to get there. Currently up to level 40 in all three skill trees. This means you may not be able to get EVERY skill as this would need 42+ skill points, so spend wisely. This works very well in co-op where you can share the burden of crafting items.
- Added hunger system. You now need to carry food/water in a backpack slot to stay up to the task. New items [Canned Food] and [Bottled Water]. If you're out of breath, eat. Water will boost your loot scan range and stamina regen.
- Removed frequency of a lot of loot drops. In many situations, you're just as likely to get an empty cupboard as you were to find something. This also removed certain items from locations that seem out of place. (no more disc blades in kitchen cupboards, for example)
- Now the only place to get metal scrap is from weapons you find. Decide if you want to repair your own with the metal scrap, or sell a found item for cash. Loot is dramatically reduced
- Incorporated Weapon Restoration Project by Lyravega!! Now you'll have access to a variety of weapons at levels 21-40
- Incendiary Pistol with Phosphorus Ammo will allow you to start fires like never before :D
- Low grade weapons (white and green) are now not as useful. All weapons have vastly reduced damage.
- Added cooldown to flashlight (45 seconds use, 6 second recharge)
- Added stamina usage to kick (this seems to only function when stamina is already draining from melee)
- Reduced ammo carry capacity for pistol, shotgun and rifle (30, 30, 60 respectfully)
- Reduced stack sizes for throwables
- Increased required components for a lot of blueprints. All explosives now require at least a battery, cable, electronics. All weapon crafting requires 3x metal scrap
- Increased zombie sight range and light reaction
- Reduced health (Bonuses still apply)
- Zombies now swarm more (and they're just generally more pissed off)
- Enabled wallrunning
- Enabled grab expert
- Reduced inventory size
- Damaged weapons have reduced value. If a weapon gets below 25%, if it's out of repairs, it's only worth scrap!