Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
_Welcome to Gordon's House_!
"Sometime after the events of Half-Life 2, Gordon and Alyx had to find a nice place to settle down in; if you know what I mean. Gordon remembered this (somewhat) nice place he passed during his Buggy ride along Highway 17. It was in good shape, had defenses on both sides, and was out of the way and along the ocean cliff side. It was perfect, but it needed some work."
_Corny story tie-in attempt aside, here's what was done_:
• Absolutely NO cheats were used to create this save (i.e. impulse 101 or noclip).
• All extra objects were moved by hand and Gravity Gun.
• Combine that appear from the dropship were killed on spot and their bodies were moved off the cliff.
• Dead civilian body inside was moved with a combination of Shotgun Double shots and the Crowbar (THIS TOOK FOREVER OMG).
• Items inside were arranged neatly to represent a real-life living environment.
• All five gate batteries were collected.
• All barrels, cinder blocks, boxes, tables, chairs, cones, barricades, and more were collected.
• Additional weapons were collected.
• All junk cars moved off the cliff.
• All junk pieces (tires, car doors, metal sheets) were thrown off the cliff.
• Fence was destroyed because it was incredibly tacky.
• Buggy parked neatly beside the trailer.
• Cones in front of the Buggy.
• Barricades at each open point along the two roadblocks (truck and gate).
• Double beds. Alyx needs one too you know. ;)
• Dressers from previous houses.
• Extra table and chairs.
• Extra barrels.
• Tons of suit energy capsule things in the bathtub outside, beside the trailer.
• Book and bottle on table.
• No broken windows.
• Barrels and boxes can be used to reach the roof.
• Possibly more... I forget.
- Big ass blood splatter that there's nothing to do about. Pretend Gordon was painting the wall red and didn't finish it.
- Buggy shadow on the wall. Probably unavoidable.
- Some kind of weird stuff with the physics going on. Probably because of all the object handling and moving around that happened in making the save.