1. DescriptionCheat Engine AOB script that expands P4G's use of BGM. Adds 36 new usable slots for music:
- 5 Randomized Battle BGMs (Regular)
- 5 Randomized Battle BGMs (Advantage)
- All boss fights use unique songs
- All mini-boss fights use unique songs
- All optional bosses use unique songs
- Void Quest only Battle BGMs (Regular+Advantage)
Currently only tested to work on the latest stable release and stable+4gb patch. Beta hotfixes may not be supported.
- Cheat Engine 6.7 or above. Be very careful if you don't already have it installed! The free downloads include prompts to install adware, which may not be skippable! Github Download: https://github.com/cheat-engine/cheat-engine/releases
- A clean download is provided through Cheat Engine's patreon for it's first tier: https://www.patreon.com/cheatengine
- A modified ".../data00004/init_free.bin" for some battles. Use SeaGuardian's as a base. Below, an Encount.TBL is provided for easier bin merging. Patched Encount.TBLs for the Nightmare mod are also provided by SeaGuardian. For a guide on bin merging see Tekka's guide: https://gamebanana.com/tuts/13445
- You must replace all the indexes used by this script with music: 886-921. If you hear Japanese in-game, you missed an index. Using reloaded+modloader xwb replacement is recommended for this. See Swindle's guide on this: https://gamebanana.com/tuts/13443
- Open P4G and get to the Main Menu.
- Open the .ct file. When prompted, say "Yes" to the Lua pop up!
- Cheat Engine will try automatically attaching to the P4G process and enabling the script. This might take ~5 seconds.
- Done! You have to repeat this process whenever starting the game though!
- You can further simplify this by following this guide by SeaGuardian: https://gamebanana.com/tuts/13477
- To any new Cheat Engine users: I strongly recommend that you do not leave Cheat Engine running when you're not using it. Some anti-cheat software don't like it for obvious reasons. Exit Cheat Engine when you're done playing!
4. Recommended Song PackSeaGuardian's Persona 4: The Faithful Music Pack: https://gamebanana.com/sounds/48308
5. UsageWhile there is a version of Music Manager that supports this with xacttool, it's honestly just too much music. Between long BGM.xwb creation times and possible troubleshooting with audio muting, full support will come with the ModLoader update. In the meantime, I recommend using the Persona 4: The Faithful Music Pack as base, and adding your own music on top.
This guide covers how to prepare your wav files for use with ModLoader: https://gamebanana.com/tuts/13443
- May cause an audio bug or two. It is not thoroughly tested though I have tested through ~1 month of in-game time with only one bug.
- If the script won't enable, exit Cheat Engine and redo the process. It's important that you attach to the P4G process before loading the .ct file!
7. Songs List (Thanks to SeaGuardian)Index - Name
886 - Battle (Regular) 1
887 - Battle (Regular) 2
888 - Battle (Regular) 3
889 - Battle (Regular) 4
890 - Battle (Regular) 5
891 - Battle (Advantage) 1
892 - Battle (Advantage) 2
893 - Battle (Advantage) 3
894 - Battle (Advantage) 4
895 - Battle (Advantage) 5
896 - Void Quest Battle (Regular)
897 - Void Quest Battle (Advantage)
898 - Shadow Yosuke
899 - Shadow Chie
900 - Shadow Yukiko
901 - Shadow Kanji
902 - Shadow Rise
903 - Shadow Teddie
904 - Shadow Naoto
905 - Magatsu Inaba Boss
906 - Margaret Battle
907 - Yukiko's Castle Mini Boss
908 - Steamy Bathhouse Mini Boss
909 - Marukyu Striptease Mini Boss
910 - Void Quest Mini Boss
911 - Secret Laboratory Mini Boss
912 - Heaven Mini Boss
913 - Magatsu Inaba Mini Boss
914 - Hollow Forest Mini Boss
915 - Yomotsu Hirasaka Mini Boss
916 - Yukiko's Castle Optional Boss
917 - Steamy Bathhouse Optional Boss
918 - Marukyu Striptease Optional Boss
919 - Void Quest Optional Boss
920 - Secret Laboratory Optional Boss
921 - Heaven Optional Boss