INTRODUCTIONI think it's fair to say that the quality of cutscenes/FMVs in the PC port of P4G have been a disappointment for fans.
This mod aims to provide an improved visual experience.
Upscaling, encoding, rendering, testing... All of this takes a lot of time.
If you enjoy my work, please let me know with a Like or Thank me with the corresponding buttons. :)
- Completely new .USM files that have been reassembled and re-encoded from upscales of the original, Japanese PS Vita files
- Frame rates restored to (native) 29.97 FPS - an improvement over the PC version's 15 FPS files
- Original aspect ratio restored, fixing the cropped (and in the beta, stretched) images present in the original PC videos
- Improved noise reduction with manually re-edited transitions and fades
- Redrawn text sequences (e.g. the opening disclaimer, "Characters, art and storylines depicted...")
- White borders removed (see screenshots)
- English and Japanese language tracks retained from the original PC files
(Press the up and down keys on your keyboard to switch between comparison images. Click the image to switch between PC original and remastered screenshots.)
- The PC version of Persona 4 Golden
- "Large Address Aware Patch" applied to your P4G.exe (required for the stable build of the game, "REV 2008". Not necessary if you are running a beta version)
- The latest release of "p4gpc.modloader"
- The latest release of "Reloaded-II"
My installation steps assume you have used both of these mod tools before. If you have not, please read both TGEnigma's "readme" and MadMax1960's "Beginner's Guide to Modding Persona 4 Golden" before you try using my files.
- "Show Console" option disabled in Reloaded-II (Mod Loader Settings -> Untick "Show Console" box)
- If playing on a PC with two GPUs (integrated and dedicated, e.g. Intel UHD Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce together), which is a common configuration in laptops, make sure you're using your more powerful, dedicated GPU for playing Persona 4 Golden. NVIDIA users can configure this in "NVIDIA Control Panel".
- This may be a placebo, but I also have "Power management mode" set to "Prefer maximum performance", which seems to help with stuttering.
INSTALLATIONNOTE: This mod was created for and tested on the latest stable Steam version of the game. I have not tested compatibility with the Denuvo-free or beta versions (e.g. "Hotfix_01a").
This mod may still work with those versions of the game but you will probably need to rearrange some files to ensure their placement aligns appropriately with the structure of the movie0000x.pac files.
Bottom line: I will not be supporting beta versions of Persona 4 Golden. I specifically encode for the stable versions of the game.
- Download the mod files
- Place all three "movie0000x" folders in the root of your "mods" directory (e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Persona 4 Golden\mods").
- If the "mods" folder does not exist, create it and place the files as shown below:
- If like me, you prefer the original Persona 4 opening movie (PS2) to Golden's and would like to use that instead, copy the files in "OPTIONAL FILES\movie00002" into your "mods\movie00002" folder, replacing any files already in there if prompted.
- Run Reloaded-II as an administrator (right-click -> "Run as Administrator")
- Now in the Reloaded-II window, select Persona 4 Golden (p4g.exe), then "Launch Application"
- "Will there be a 4K version?"
- "Why are there thin black bars on either side of the video?"
- "Do you recommend any other mods to compliment this pack?"
- "ENG Title Fix" by cabbage
- "Better Map Navigation" by 01737_L
- "Detailed Skill Card Descriptions" by me!