Overview:This mod adds support for separate Super/Hyper sprites, including adding Super/Hyper sprites support for Tails and Knuckles. This mod basically contains no sprites (except for some template spritesheets to be used for sprite modding), and (until someone makes some sprites) is only useful for development purposes. As of v1.2.0, this mod also adds a unique Super Peel-Out animation to Super and Hyper Sonic, and also supports custom standing animations (including a version of the missing frame). The standing animations part of the mod is included in the download as a separate mod. To see this mod in action, install any character sprite mod and load up this mod.
- Due to the lack of sprites, testing the mod hasn't been the easiest. Everything should be stable, but some bugs may not have been caught.
- The mod simply swaps which sprites are used to render the character and no new animations were added (this may change at some point depending on requests, feasibility, and how it'd affect mod compatibility). This means that Hyper Sonic uses Super Sonic's animations, while Super/Hyper Tails/Knuckles use their default animations.
- This mod should be compatible with the Characters Go Super Then Hyper mod by BlueStreak, as well as my Separate Super and Hyper Themes mod.
- Pictures may be sub-par.
- Again, the mod comes without non-template sprites. This may change if someone makes a spritesheet specifically for this mod, but until then no sprites.
Making sprites for this mod:To make sprites for this mod, use the template files included in the sprites folder as you would with a normal sprite mod. Since Super Sonic already has his own sprites, only files for Hyper Sonic, Super Tails, Hyper Tails, Super Knuckles, and Hyper Knuckles are included. Tails' tails also have separate sprites for Super/Hyper (templates also included). All the template files are the vanilla files you'd find in a Sonic 3 AIR's documentation folder, with some exceptions:
- Hyper Sonic's eyes have been edited to be red to better show off the mod. This is done only through sprite modding.
- Tails' spritesheets now include the full Sonic & Tails palette instead of only the colors used in Tails' sprites.
- Sonic's walking sprites include a version of the restored missing frame (made from the ledge animation).
- Sonic's Super/Hyper Peel-out sprites are edits of the vanilla peel-out sprites.
- The palettes on the Drop Dash & Peel-Out sprites have been changed to reflect the Super Sonic palette
- Tails' default standing sprites include him blinking (more frequently than he normally would)
How to customize standing animations.txtfile included in the Separate Super and Hyper Themes mod folder.
There's also a lightweight debug feature that outputs which sprites are being rendered (includes base form, so Sonic + Tails & Knux + Tails might mess with the output). These features are disabled by default, but can be enabled by editing the config at the top of the main.lemon in the mod's scripts folder.