This is a collection of mods that I made for myself to enhance my own experience of Breath of the Wild. The default version is made for using with Hyrule Rebalance. There is a vanilla version as well for those who don't use Hyrule Rebalance. I definitely recommend Hyrule Rebalance, though. Many of these mods are based on the work of other modders. With their permission, I have changed things as I liked and added my own work to theirs. See the credits for specifics. To all the people whose work I used in my mod: Thank you for graciously giving me permission to modify and use your work. I hope you like what I've done with it!
Here's what's included:
- You will find a Lowered Hood on the Great Plateau. It comes from another mod: the Champion's Armor Set mod. Before it's upgraded, it offers no defence, but it does allow you to look stylish. Once you obtain the Knight's Armor, try dying the hood white, blue, red, pink, or crimson. The specific location is in the spoiler below. If you only want the hood recolors, then get my Knight's Hood mod.
The Lowered Hood is located in the Bomb Trial shrine.
- The Hylian Set has been renamed to the Traveler's Set and looks quite different from before. The Traveler's Tunic looks like a crimson Tunic of the Wild (dye it crimson for it's vanilla default green) and the Traveler's Trousers look like the Trousers of the Sky. I wanted this armor set to look more like a weak, early game armor set. The original models looked too good and have been repurposed for another set of armor. If you only want this change, get my Model Swaps mod.
- The Barbarian Set has been renamed to the Zonai Set. The armor is, in fact, from the mysterious and ancient Zonai tribe, so why not put their name on it?
- The Soldier's Set has been renamed to the Knight's Set. It has also been upgraded visually and added to the Zonai Set's set bonus. It also has custom blue, navy, and crimson dye colors. If you only want this change, get my Knight's Armor mod.
- The Wild Set has been changed drastically. Now the Tunic of the Wild looks like a green Hylian Tunic with an undershirt that matches the Trousers of the Wild, which now look like the vanilla Hylian Trousers but with darker boots to match the leather on the Tunic. The Cap of the Wild is untouched. If you install Springs of the Wild, you will find this amor set at the three Goddess Springs. Wisdom resides at the top your head, courage in your heart, and power in your legs. The ingredients to upgrade them will also match the spring where each is found. If you only want new look for the Wild Set, then get my Model Swaps mod.
- I have edited the textures of the Tunic of the Wild's blue, red, and green dyes to match the corresponding Cap of the Wild color. The Tunic of the Wild's pink color has been replaced with the vanilla default Hylian Tunic color and the Cap of the Wild now has a matching color in it's pink dye slot. I also made a custom crimson color for both the tunic and cap. If you only want these recolors, then get my Knight's Hood and Hylian Recolors mod.
- At some point during the story, you will find the Champion's Set. These also come from the Champion's Armor Set with some new textures and icons by me. At first, it will offer only defense, but as you upgrade it, it will become as powerful and useful as the Wild Set. It also is part of the Wild Set's set bonus. The Champion's Tunic now shares these characteristics as well. Check the spoiler below if you want to know where it is.
The three Korok Trial Shrines contain the Champion's Set.
- The Climbing Boots now look like the vanilla Trousers of the Wild. They really go well with the Climbing Gear. Plus, they're actually boots, unlike the vanilla Climbing Boots. If you only want this change, then get my Model Swaps mod.
- The Knight's, Royal, and Royal Guard Shields have been shortened, and the Knight's Shield colored blue with Sirenbrink's mods (linked below under Recommended Mods). They look much nicer now.
- Royal Weapons have had their color scheme changed from purple to blue and red. This way, they match most armor sets. The biggest change is the scabbard for the Royal Broadsword, which I designed myself since I couldn't stand how the vanilla one looked. If you only want this change, then get my Royal Blue mod.
- The Phantom Set has been replaced with the Royal Guard Armor (I know there's a Royal Guard Uniform, but this is way cooler!). The Royal Guard Armor is a Soldier's Armor recolor made by Kyim. It also joins the Zonai Set's set bonus. The Royal Guard Weapons have also been recolored with Kyim's textures to perfectly match the Royal Guard Armor. The quest to find the Phantom armor has been rewritten to match the new name. For those of you who don't have the DLC, you'll have to find it in Shrines. Check the spoiler below to know where.
Katah Chuki, Monya Toma, and Kaam Ya'tak Shrines.
-And all of these things have proper menu icons, which took quite a bit of work!
A few things to note:
- Don't dye your Hylian Trousers, Royal Guard Armor, or Champion's Armor. I don't think it will work
- The Champion's Trousers replace the Trousers of the Hero. So no more short shorts. Sorry.
- The mannequins displaying the Traveler's Tunic and Trousers still use the vanilla models because I don't know how to work with 3D models. I did, however, change their textures to make them look more like the clothes they represent.
Here is a list of other mods that I recommend to further enhance your game. The first three are necessary for my mod to work the way I envisioned it:
- Hollo's Hyrule Rebalance - The way Breath of the Wild is meant to be played. If you don't want it, though, you can use the vanilla version of my mod.
- GreyEyes's Springs of the Wild - Necessary if you want to enjoy the Wild Set before the end of the game.
- ArcAngelofJustice's Protectors of the Soul - Highly recommended. Makes you feel like you earned the Wild Set and Champion's Set.
- Dragbe's Cemu Patch Collection - Their climbing in the rain graphics pack is a must-have! It makes the Climbing Set's set bonus prevent slipping in the rain and increase horizontal climbing speed. On Github, click on the green button and download the zip. You'll find Climbing in the Rain Graphics pack in the archive. It must be installed as a graphics pack - not in BCML.
- Kyim's Brown Leather Quiver
- Sirenbrink's Royalty in Red, Knightly Arms, and Piscine Silver all have modules that change the models of claymores, bows, and shields. The Knight's, Royal, and Royal Guard's shields from those mods are included here. I definitely recommend the claymores and bows too.
- t3nka's Alternate Climber's Bandanna and Zora Helm
Feel free to use parts of my mod in your own work, but make sure to credit the appropriate person. Remember that this mod contains the work of other modders. Check the credits to see who you should give credit to for the particular files that you use. And please contact me, not for permission, but to show me what you've done. I'd love to see other people's creations inspired by or based on my work.